KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

X-stream compsites carbon fiber stem

12K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  X~Stream Composites 
#1 ·
I have a stem from him and its sweet, it fit perfect! saved 4lbs Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive design

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a POS ;)

#5 ·
Really thought there would be more interest in this. I understand not everyone needs a carbon fiber stem but there are racers who care about weight reduction. Plus the benefit of it helping all you guys who want them exSpensive handle bars. This will help that a bunch. You will get a lite partAnd better bump steer.

#7 ·
It's been hard to get guys to build us parts. So Inreally apprecitate when they do. And this is quality part. Not something were r&d Ing for someone.

#8 ·
He does great work, I have a set of his Tie rods!

#9 ·
I also run a set of his tie rods and love the way they fit and feel on my bike. He also makes a mx stem that has an improved steering flag to reduce bump steer and reduces vibrations to the handlebars

#10 ·
Thread went dead again. Guess there's not alot of interest. Can't see why though. Z3r0Eff3ct (aka ti spice ) he loves his carbon fiber stem. Maybe he'll chime in. If he can't get out of his baller rig maybe he'll grace us with his presence. This carbon fiber stuff is nice. It makes your bike lighter and perform better. Plus looks cool. Inreally want to see more Ktms out there showing people quality parts.

#11 ·
lol. The carbon fiber stem is really awesome! I don't see why anyone would ever use the stock stem or any other aftermarket stem over the cf one. The cf stem slightly flexes, it doesn't just reduce vibration it absorbs a lot of the impact. It is worth every penny and then some.

#12 ·
I finally talked him into a new part, cf carrier, should save 3lbs

#20 ·
Would the cf carrier be strong enough for mx use? Also how much would one cost?:)

#13 ·
I can't wait to put my stem in. Great guy to talk to and deal with. Product looks awesome.

#14 ·
b2 did you get a stock replacement or a drag stem? Has he found a way to make the drag stem duneable?

#15 ·
Bought stock replacement. He has some good ideas on bar mounting for drag/dune set ups. But he needs more feedback from the guy with the drag stem. And that would be todd. Course Thumper messed his motor up so bad he hasnt been able to put any time on it. Thats all hes waiting to hear about. I just got my bike back and GP is reworking my swinger. Then ill have some results too. But only stocker.

#16 ·
Yeah bike is at builders getting some bugs worked out. Thumper didnt mess up he cases it was done from Tom at cut7. This motor has been threw 8 head gaskets. The last 2 didn't last long at all. One wasn't even started and was told it wouldn't work so I got another and it lasted about 10 minutes on dyno. So 100 in 2 head gaskets. For 10 minutes dyno time. The one before all this lasted awhile but motor was setup with no compression. I will say I called Travis the minute the head gasket blew on dyno to get him to overnight me a new one. No answer no return call. So I drove 11hours round trip for 10 minutes on the dyno. NO THANKS. I've called him 3 times this week no answer no return call again. I called cause I needed a piston and cylinder. After a week of that Ive had enough of his business. That's not a business to me. Last time I called him for a cylinder was 500 no piston. Then I see on his website he sell the whole kit for 575. So 500 for cylinder and 325 for piston and 50 for head gasket 200 more I can get billet that isn't gonna egg shape. In his defense all sleeve cylinders are gonna egg shape. I' can call racers edge and the owner answer the phone 90% of the time and someone answer the phone everytime I call. Now that's a business.

#18 ·
sure looks like it is. hmmmmm

KTM

#19 ·
Here is a link to the stock replacement. It is designed for mx use and has a revised flag mount to improve handling

KTM

#22 ·
IDK....... I kinda wonder about those engine mounts thou. They claim to reduce vibration, but how much vibration?

#23 ·
B2machine has a set , 5.0fox have sets and so does zero3effwect all of them love them. The stem will work for mx the tie rods are stronger then your stock ones. I have a drag stem it is a 1 of a kind. But stems were made for you mx guys. There is a review on it in this thread. He loved it and is half wieght of your stock one. This stuff is composite it is half Kevlar stops bullets. Has to be strong. There was a crash with this stuff on it and it the stuff from brad was I my good stuff left. The brake stay is 2lbs lighter. Everytime you guys take off 10lbs your gaining a bike length

#24 ·
I run some of his motor mounts. I love them. Fit perfect and I swear it made a noticeable difference in vibrations felt through the footpegs.

#25 ·
I'm just guessing he lowered the flag to reduce the bumpsteer? I'm interested,but I wonder if he would do a group discount if we get enough members. Im interested in the stem, tie rods(Honda thou.....) and engine mounts.

Also........ will this stem work with the SX clamp with the stem bearings?

#45 ·
It should work fine with the bearing mount setup. The OD of the stem is still the same as stock in that area. I use a nylatron sleeve as a bearing surface on my stems, with a grease zerk in the stock mount. I don't like the bearing upgrade, because it focus' all of the stress right at the edge of the bearing, onto the stem.

#26 ·
I imagine brad will be in here soon to answer any questions you have. Hopefully he keeps developing stuff for us because its something else nobody else in this industry is doing!

#28 ·
Z3r0Eff3ct,

Clear out your PM's, I can't reply back to yours.

Thanx Jacob and Todd for commenting on the products you bought from me! It means a lot to me, to hear all of you guys bragging about my products!!!!!

I have a standing 15% off to any KTMATVHQ member. All of these products, except for Todd's custom T bar stem... cause he has to be different:lol:, has been tested on MX racing quads for at least a year. The tie rods have been ran on ATVA, WORCS and local Pro's quads since 2008. The SX mounts have been ran since 2010, the XC since the beginning of this year thanx to 5.0 Fox for the samples. The MX stem has been in development/testing since 2010 with DC Motorsports and Farr Racing. I have been around the composites industry, since I was 7 years old. I test,test,test and test more... cause racing is dangerous enough as it is. I won't shave a few ounces, if I deem it unsafe. After all... if I hurt my racers, I will have no customers. And that means that I will have to go find a real job!:(

If anyone wants to contact me, I will be glad to talk to one and all.

Brad Loomis
360 225 7526

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.