KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

X-Stream Composites carbon motor mounts

11K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  426power 
#1 ·
I just got my New motor mounts installed and took my bike for a quick spin. I didnt think they could make much of a difference but I was pleasantly shocked. There is a noticeable reduction in vibration through the pegs and bars. The vibration you get when pulling a high rpm for an extended period of time is nearly gone They were a perfect fit, light weight, and look killer. Quality is top notch! They are available through brad at extreme composites. You can send him a PM here (X~Stream Composites) or call his shop @(360)225-7526

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I Think it can be tinted by using different resins. Hopefully Brad will chime in and let us know.

#5 ·
Would cost more I'm sure he would have to do a batch at a time. Is 300 ft a expended period of time ?

#6 ·
300ft can be an extended period of time if your bike is slow! What did the 637 run anyway?

#7 ·
it was slow

#9 ·
??? if the front mounting is flexing slightly so it dampens the vibes ?? surely it means the lower mount is getting allot of movement occuring as a result ??(again assuming the engine is pivoting around the swingarm bolt ?) If so bottom mount cracking could be a longer term result ? just throwing it out there....... happy to be proven wrong.......

#10 ·
if the mount flexes it absorbs vibration and transfers less stress to the frame.

#11 ·
The mounts aren't flexing more to absorb the vibration. Some of the material in the mounts, are there only to absorb the vibration. Carbon fiber is so much stiffer and stronger than the factory aluminum mounts, that these could be way thinner for the same strength. But what I had found from past tests, was a thinner structure actually amplified the vibration. Remember, a lot of my testing was done to increases sensitivity of a fishing rod... so this is just the reverse of a lot of that testing. I am actually using a lot of stereo competition technology in my designs. So don't think of the mounts flexing side to side, think of filling a wind chime full of silicone.

#12 ·
Your on here to much to get my drag stem done. Lol. Glad to see you on here again

#13 ·
I want to also chime in and say that Brad (Xstream composites) does great products! I wish you done more custom stuff for me Brad but I am still happy with everything you create!

So far I have your tie rods and motor mounts and I think both are great. Every bit less vibration and less weight adds up.

Super happy customer. I'm more excited for what you got coming than what bigger companies like Rath so you're definitely in the right direction.

#14 ·
Hey now shytkicker dont badmouth rath. I think brad makes some of there parts lol

Reactions: Z3r0Eff3ct
#15 ·
And hopefully we can keep Brad working on custom stuff for us! its hard to find anyone that will build anything custom without having to refinance the house to pay for it.

#16 ·
He's got my steering stem done. Boy I'm excited. Getting my mounts as well

#21 ·
It's just the pattern basically. Goto his website and you'll see the difference. The squares are just different sizes basically. All are same strength.

#23 ·
all in personal preference.

#25 ·
I like lightest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.