KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WORCS round 2. All I can say is, FUN FUN FUN. Lets start at the beginning. After a 10 hour drive. I was too tired to practice on Friday. So I did the unclassified race on Saturday. The unclassified race is just practice. But they allow you to do the whole course. So I did that. I only was able to do 2 laps due to trying to find tire pressure and tuning to suspension. The MX track was sweet. I really haven't been on a MX track before. Wait, once before. But it was a nasty muddy mess. Anyways, back to the report. The track was a fast high flying track with big 4ht and 5th gear jumps. High speed, at least that was my take on it. The off road portion was desert moist sand. Deep whoops everywhere and multiple railroad tracks in the turns. Did I mention the sand was deep. Anyways, now to the race. My race started a 1215 on that same day as the unclassified race. I started out at the trailer with a rookie mistake. Had all my gear on and was ready to warm up the KTM xc. At this time it was 1205. Kinda in a hurry. Pushed the starter button...... it just turned over and over with no spark. Oh crap, I thought! Tried it again. And nothing. So now I'm in a hurry. Took of my helmet and my chest protector. Looked the quad over. Nothing seemed out of place. Sat up on the ATV, then noticed something missing. My lanyard was on my chest protector. I forgot to attach it to the quad. Like I said, rookie mistake. I got my gear back on and attached the lanyard. The beast fired up right away. I made my way to my row with maybe 2 minutes to spare before the green flag dropped for the first row. ( I was in row 4) In my mind, while on the line. My plan was to get a OK start. Tuck in around top 5 and learn the MX track a little better. Well, that didn't happen. My first time ever racing a quad and pretty much my first time on a real MX track I get the whole shot against 11 other riders. First plan out the window I thought to myself. As I made my way to the off road course. I kept the rest of the pack behind me about 1 to 2 seconds between me and 2nd. My son watching told me that. Now to the off road. Now I was in my element. All I ride is off road. Within 2 minutes. I lost sight of my row. I then passed many from row 3, 2, and 1. My suspension was working great. It allowed me to do almost anything on the course. When I got back to the MX track. I took it easy. Like I said, Now this is the 3rd lap ever being on this or any MX track. I jumped what I could and passed more riders. After five laps and 54 minutes later. I ended up 1st in my class.(30+C) My overall was 5th out of 40 riders. With a little more tuning on the suspension and more time in the saddle on a MX track. I'll be golden. Rocket Ron took the stock Ohlins and molded them into something very competitive. All I heard from the other racers was how bad and rough the course was. But really, It wasn't all that rough to me. This race was all in thanks to Rocket Ron. Suspension was everything. Rocket Ron's customer relations is top notch. I'm always calling and asking for advice. From tire pressure to suspension settings. And he's always more than happy to help. Time to get ready for round 3.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Great job.. Keep it up...

·
Registered
568 Posts
do you know the pro results?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
i always like to hear that you guys are doing good great job jeramy you now have GAME ON

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i always like to hear that you guys are doing good great job jeramy you now have GAME ON
I also raced today on my RocketRon revalves. I am sooooooo happy with them. Helped me to a 2nd place finish in the local Pro class!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts