KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's planning on racing in WORCS in 2009. I'm doing all the races except the preseason team race. We all should link up and shoot the shit. Or am I going to be the only one there. Let me know. The start of the season is just around the corner.

·
Registered
114 Posts
my son & I are going to run the series. He will run production a, & I am going to run vet b. We should have both bikes done & ready by the middle of next week (hopefully)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will be running some of the races, still not sure which ones yet. Since I'm coming from washington 5 of the races will be 2000 to 3000 miles round trip.

Any sugestions which tracks will be the best ones to hit?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
how many of you guys are going to be on rocketronracing set ups let us know how you did

GAME ON

·
Registered
114 Posts
both DJD bikes are running the total package. we leave on thursday for the 22 hour drive to phoenix. we will keep you posted. Hey Jeremy, it looks like we save 2 1/2 hours dropping straight down through nevada, so we will not be driving the same route. Maybe we will meet up in the pits?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I ran the first round of the WORCS series this weekend at Speedworld MX in Arizona on the KTM and managed to place 1st in the Stock C class :D The quad ran pretty well but the suspension damn near killed me - the track was really rough and the shocks on the SX quads are worthless. It made me realize two things: the shocks MUST BE resprung and revalved and I definitely need a steering dampner.

Did anyone else run this round? I also watched the Pro/Pro-Am race today which was awesome. It's crazy how fast those guys are and how hard they ride lap after lap.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I ran the first round of the WORCS series this weekend at Speedworld MX in Arizona on the KTM and managed to place 1st in the Stock C class :D The quad ran pretty well but the suspension damn near killed me - the track was really rough and the shocks on the SX quads are worthless. It made me realize two things: the shocks MUST BE resprung and revalved and I definitely need a steering dampner.

Did anyone else run this round? I also watched the Pro/Pro-Am race today which was awesome. It's crazy how fast those guys are and how hard they ride lap after lap.

what happened to baker weinen and miller? i saw they all dnf'd

·
Registered
272 Posts
what happened to baker weinen and miller? i saw they all dnf'd
I'm not sure about Baker and Miller. Chad Weinen got off to a great start and had the lead for the first two laps or so. Shortly after that you heard the announcer say that Weinen was pushing his quad into the pits. I was in the pits next to the Can-Am/Motoworks rig which was right next to the Kawasaki one. You could see the Kawi guys working on his quad but they never got him back out. I heard it was engine related.

The "WORCS-cross" section with all of the logs, tires, rocks, and such played havoc for a lot of riders. I think you could attribute a few DNF's to damage caused there - either to the quad itself or the engine and transmission.

Josh Fredricks is insanely fast by the way :eek:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The night before I was to leave to head to Arizona. I was changing the oil. While tightening the drain plug. The threads just let go. So I didn't make it down to round 1. But everything is ready again for round 2. And yes. I'm running Rocket Ron suspension all the way around. Good thing they take the best of 7 out of 8 races. Looks like I used up my freebie. Man!!!!!!!!!!, I'm still bummed about not making it down. I had the suspension dialed in for rough technical racing. Oh well, like I said earlier. I'm ready for round 2. See you all down there.

Jeremy Applegate #226

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
hope all you guys do well. keep us informed how it goes and tell us about the tracks.and make sure you have your GAME ON. dont leave nothin on the table when you go racing. remember luck is when preperation meets oppertunaty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts