KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Klaus Fleckinger is the man to contact. From the pics he has sent me he has a warehouse full of it. Something like 550€, plus shipping. It was around $670 with shipping for me.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I wonder if he somehow got Polisport to make a run of it for him?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Thats great! He must have a lot of influence and money to get that done.
Most companies will run something like that if you pay for X number of runs. Maier plastics will run any mold off with an order of around 15 I believe. Getting KTM to do it is something different though. You're talking about top of the line manufacturer. But again, when you look at the money Klaus put into this, and the kind of machines he has built, I'm sure KTM was willing to help. They aren't like other manufacturers. Klaus' 1290 quad is quite possibly the most insane machine I've ever seen.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Most companies will run something like that if you pay for X number of runs. Maier plastics will run any mold off with an order of around 15 I believe. Getting KTM to do it is something different though. You're talking about top of the line manufacturer. But again, when you look at the money Klaus put into this, and the kind of machines he has built, I'm sure KTM was willing to help. They aren't like other manufacturers. Klaus' 1290 quad is quite possibly the most insane machine I've ever seen.
Yeah, I don't know anything about the guy. Is he on the board here? A couple years back, I contacted Polisport directly to see what could be done to get them to "make a run" of white or black plastics. I was told that it would not happen because they were discontinued. So, it is awesome that he has this much pull and insider connections to get it done. Hopefully, everyone gets a set now that wants one. It is well worth the price he is charging and he even is willing to ship to the States for a reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Yeah, I don't know anything about the guy. Is he on the board here? A couple years back, I contacted Polisport directly to see what could be done to get them to "make a run" of white or black plastics. I was told that it would not happen because they were discontinued. So, it is awesome that he has this much pull and insider connections to get it done. Hopefully, everyone gets a set now that wants one. It is well worth the price he is charging and he even is willing to ship to the States for a reasonable price.
Klaus is one of the nicest guys I've talked to on FB. I do not believe he's a member of the forums here. I can tell you he constantly has something going on and always building / riding something. He has a quad with the RC8 1290 motor in it that is super impressive. He also has another with the KTM 380 2-stroke. It's just as impressive in it's own simplistic way because the motor didn't require the same amount of work to fit, and didn't come with the same kind of electronics as the 1290. Here's a link to his 1290 quad. I tried to convince him to put a sway bar on that thing when he's running on pavement, lol.

[video=youtube;PKn3o-BnPbI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKn3o-BnPbI[/video]

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Here's his 380 2-stroke quad. Klaus has an unbelievable library of video footage up. Very envious of what this guy has done and gets to do.

[video=youtube;Vdsd_W0Aq5Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdsd_W0Aq5Q[/video]

·
Registered
366 Posts
how do you contact him to order?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Man is he lucky! I wish he was on the forums, he could probably help out a lot. Super nice guy judging from the conversation I had. I would love to read a build thread on his 1290 and his 380 2t.

·
Registered
374 Posts
how do you contact him to order?
You can get ahold of him on facebook, instagram, email, or you can go here:
Race & Equipment by Flecki - Home
As for the people talking about Klaus interesting enough he was just at KTM and KTM still builds new rally quads. Long shot I know, but wonder what trying to get a brand new 2010 model quad built from the factory would bring if you asked them to build one for you.

·
Registered
635 Posts
It would be nice if he were on the board. Those build threads would have been awesome to read through. KTM is definitely a unique company compared to the major 4. Hopefully, when the sxs craze peters out and quads start to pick up again, then maybe they will enter the market again.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sorry this thread got off topic, buttt....
He says he tried to join KTMATVHQ but won't let him log in.
IMG_2758.JPG
He also makes a steering assembly with ball bearings. Good fix for those eaten up stems.
IMG_2759.JPG

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe he also makes some billet hubs!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts