KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had our 2008 450xc engine rebuilt for racing and was wondering what type of engine oil and anti freeze you recommend we should use???
Did some head work, bigger valves and higher compression piston, what type of race gas should we use? On our 2 stroke we used VP U2. We are new to 4 stroke.

Thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
We just had our 2008 450xc engine rebuilt for racing and was wondering what type of engine oil and anti freeze you recommend we should use???
Did some head work, bigger valves and higher compression piston, what type of race gas should we use? On our 2 stroke we used VP U2. We are new to 4 stroke.

Thanks
Im havin mine done also. Im more than likely gonna run vp110 or something close to it. Alot of people including myslef are running 15w40 for the engine oil. I hear nothing but good things about it. And i also run engine ice for my coolant.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
me to

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
coolant - engine ice

Oil: go for a dirtbike specific sythentic or Shell rotella sythetic detergent oils. Main thing with oil is to change it often. If your racing / running hard, after every weekend of racing use, ditch the oil, it's only 2 litres...........

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
bump for rotella 15w40 & engine ice...

fuel choice is so subjective at the same time dependent on many different variables. sunoco & vp are great choices and you can't go wrong with either.

good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts