KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Amsoil 10w-40 synthetic. used in all my race quads, generator, truck, lawnmower everything never lost a motor yet. GOOD STUFF!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
i run the regular rotella also, never had a problem and 10 bucks a gallon isnt too bad either lol my mechanic says the synthetic rotella is bad for your clutch also

·
Registered
500 Posts
AMSOIL 20w-50 for me

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Motorex 10W-40 synthetic. It's what comes in the XC's from the factory.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Motorex PowerSyn 4T 10W-50

I'm sponsored by them and KTM recommends it so I run it.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the motorex is expensive but i'm thinking about running it this summer...

maybe i'll look into rotella too, that seems pretty popular..and at 10 bucks a gallon compared to motorex at 60 bucks a gallon thats a big difference

·
Registered
579 Posts
We too are sponsored by Motorex this year but we are running the KTM Racing 20w60 during the race season and motorex Power synt 5w40 now during the winter.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Rotella here, change it every two hours, filters every 3rd oil change, may try Red line 20-50, If you talk to anyone that has gone through KTM's engine work shop, they'll tell you clean oil is the key, if your not gonna keep it clean, run high dollar stuff for the safety!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Rotella 15-40.

·
Registered
430 Posts
the motorex is expensive but i'm thinking about running it this summer...

maybe i'll look into rotella too, that seems pretty popular..and at 10 bucks a gallon compared to motorex at 60 bucks a gallon thats a big difference

I ran motorex last year b/c i was sponsored by them. But even with a discount it was super expensive and i change my oil after every race, so you can just imagine.

Goin to switch to some 15W-40 this year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts