KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

What's best for MX? 505sx or 540xc?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  christph 
#1 ·
Hey there, I've been racing mx for a couple of years on my 505sx.

It has stock suspension, precision damper, hmf slip on, fuel customs intake, fourwerx seat, flex bars, beadlocks all round etc.

A 540xc has recently came up forsale with Walsh mx arms, fox float 3, precision damper, full fmf, flex bars, oil cooler etc and with beadlocks all round for a really good price.

I'm wondering should I buy this other quad and borrow a few bits to make my SX better, such as the suspension, or would the XC be a better bike?!

Any advice from those that have riding XC quads in motocross

Thanks

#3 ·
I was thinking of putting the Walsh arms on to my SX with the float 3s, put my WP and SX arms on the XC and sell it. I believe it could sell very near what I could potiently buy it for, The XC has new plastics, so may transfer them over, plus it has lone star

So is that because of the high revenge motor and torque high end? Where as the XC motor is more low down grunt ?

#7 ·
I have a 525xc and 505sx. I love them both but the sx is definitely the better mx'er. The engine revs out quickly and to the moon, and it hugs corners like it is on rails. The xc has more low end torque that is better for trails, hills, and generally slower riding. The xc can be modded to accelerate quickly to 3/4 throttle, but once you get into the upper range it doesn't like it as much as the sx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.