KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team,

I'm just wondering, what you guys been using for storage of e.g. (wallet or car keys) while riding on your own or practising on your favourite track. I don't have any pockets fitted on my riding gear. I used to have Yamaha, and there was a small storage place close to air-filter.

If I was going with a backpack I would look you for a one with hydration thing. E.g.: they sell for $50 US. But, then I don't really like the feel of having something on my back while practising. But hopefully that would stay in place at all time.

I also thought about belt bag ... but that will wiggle more than backpack I reckon. $40 US

Can you guys share what you've been using ? I'm most certain that I'll go with the backpack as it provides storage compartment for tools also. Is anyone using the above, please share your thoughts ...

·
Registered
500 Posts
I use the back pack type because I ride in the dunes and need the hydration part of the back pack. I really don't feel it on my back wile I'm riding, my mind is else where.

Brian

·
Registered
951 Posts
I use the back pack type because I ride in the dunes and need the hydration part of the back pack. I really don't feel it on my back wile I'm riding, my mind is else where.

Brian

Same here. I keep my car keys a couple of tools , my cell phone and a liter of water in the hydration bladder. Don't even know it's back there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
im going to buy one of these, my friend has one. Pretty slick

Flight Vest

·
Registered
193 Posts
From the pictures ive seen it looks like a mount that holds the resivor for the SX rear shock near the subframe. Anyone use this to mount a piece of pvc pipe on their XC in the same spot? for holding tools?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I have a 6 pack rack, and mounted a small cooler on there. I put a couple waters, snack, wallet, keys, cell phone, etc back there, and then throw a towel in to take up the space so it doesn't rattle around. I hate the thought of having stuff in a backpack while riding. My back would not hold up to that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 6 pack rack, and mounted a small cooler on there. I put a couple waters, snack, wallet, keys, cell phone, etc back there, and then throw a towel in to take up the space so it doesn't rattle around. I hate the thought of having stuff in a backpack while riding. My back would not hold up to that.
post a pic

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
i used to use a back pack with hydration pack built in like what was posted above, then i would keep some money in there (cause ya never know) , some snack, tissues, and tearoffs.

however, when i would ride in large groups, esp with my buds with shee's, i would end up with 2 liter bottles of fuel for them, then another water for other peeps... it got to be a pita, so i just got pants with large enough pockets, now i keep a snack, sometimes one of the mini bottles of water (like 6oz) and money, and if i need, my extra key for my truck.

i have thought about taking the back pack again, just if i would i would say hell no to carrying everyone elses crap, thats just b.s. imo. if you have a machine that has short range, then figure something out.

after i stopped using my pack afew years ago, they started duct taping the fuel to their racks lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
PRM 6 pack rack with Walmart-Racing cooler added!!

Works great for food, drinks, tools, phone, gloves, whatever!

Attachments

·
Banned
94 Posts
IMG_0255.jpg IMG_0256.jpg IMG_0257.jpg IMG_0259.jpg IMG_0254.jpg The belt bag is AWESOME. No wiggle what so ever. The waist has some rubbery material that is slide proof. There are are 2 side pockets. Unzip the one on the left (both zippers) and it expands to hold a long drinking vessel. The center pocket has 8 holders for sockets, 5 more elastic spaces for ratchets etc, 5 for screw drivers, a mesh pocket, and an outside large deep pocket that can easily hold a large (gator aid). It is also ear piece compatible. The main frame is solid in the center and this thing is built TOUGH. I have the backpack too but nothing compares to the feel and storage space. It's like nothing is there. It'll carry more than you will use.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
i use the Ogio KTM branded hydration back pack (the smaller version, there are two), superb back pack, best one I have owned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts