KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guy´s think of this, my bike has around 30-40 hours on it, all the tierods are bad, one lower balljoint is bad, i have replaced the clutch disks, i have put new sealkit in the clutch upper clutch cylinder and now there is a bad ball bearing in the engine and i not to forget the exhaust leak, i talked to the dealer and he said that there is no warranty on tierods and balljoints, and no warranty on the clutch disk's and i paid for the seal kit, they have the bike in there shop and are looking on the ball bearing that is bad to see if it is my fault or not. I thought this was race ready from factory but it seems to me that it can´t handle some sand beach riding. It is 6 months old and all this has gone bad, i think that he bought the bikes with no warranty to him to get the price down and now he is just trying not to pay the bill, i am a mechanic and i know that if this was a car this whole thing would be under warranty, should i send email to KTM hq or just pay for the new parts and keep on driving????

Eyvi

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
That's a pretty serious list.
I would be contacting KTM directly with the full list itemised & dated.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
it seems to me that it can´t handle some sand beach riding.

Eyvi
[/quote]

Well the salt water from beach riding would be the problem with your tie rods and ball joints, and the Clutch is a normal thing to wear out. Race Ready doesn't mean they last forever.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it seems to me that it can´t handle some sand beach riding.

Eyvi

Well the salt water from beach riding would be the problem with your tie rods and ball joints, and the Clutch is a normal thing to wear out. Race Ready doesn't mean they last forever.

Yes i think so, i just want my quad back and go riding, i think that´s what eating my mind right now, ktm is still the best,

Eyvi

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Have to dissagree there.
Mine has been used on the beach for about 60% of its life so far.
It cops a full wash & hose down with WD-40 after every ride though.
I have not had an issue apart from the header leak.
I've got just over 40 hours on it so far.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
water blasters washing has a lot to answer for...............these sorts of failures on new quads are often traceable to guys that are generally water blaster fanatics in keeping there new rides "spotless".... nothing kills ball joints and bearing quicker than a water injection..............

just a possible explaination - observation from other brands

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
water blasters washing has a lot to answer for...............these sorts of failures on new quads are often traceable to guys that are generally water blaster fanatics in keeping there new rides "spotless".... nothing kills ball joints and bearing quicker than a water injection..............

just a possible explaination - observation from other brands

The bearing that was bad is on the balanceshaft, and that is under warranty, i will get it back from the shop tomorrow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts