KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
most recently i had a 2006 LTR. i must say the efi was really sweet. that is one thing that i do miss. it's kind of funny, the one thing i liked about the ltr is the same thing i hated. the width; it was great at high speeds for the added stability, but at the same time in tight wooded areas it sucked. i had a lot of money invested in my LTR and i must say that i wont have to do any of that with the KTM. especially the ohlins shocks; right off the bat it saves me nearly $2k i would have to spend on elka elite shocks.

below are pics of my previous builds, i still have the renegade & trailblazer...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
the only ones i don't have a picture of were my 1989 lt250r, and my 1987 banshee, but here they are in order,

here i am today

i am a professional quad trader...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
96 blaster, 88 lt250r quadracer, 85 honda rebel 250, 2000 aprilia rsv 1000, 05 eton yukon 150 xl, 04 polaris trailblazer 250, 03 kfx 300 and now a 08 ktm 525xc now whats next to go in my house lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
03 bombardier baja 650. The ktm is so much more nimble in the air. my only complaint so far is that the headlight on the ktm is pretty much useless for any thing besides limping home after dark. I miss my baja lights. anybody heard of a light pakage that doesn't use ugly oversized units?

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
03 bombardier baja 650. The ktm is so much more nimble in the air. my only complaint so far is that the headlight on the ktm is pretty much useless for any thing besides limping home after dark. I miss my baja lights. anybody heard of a light pakage that doesn't use ugly oversized units?

check out trailtech. they have hid lights that can be clamped to the bars. these could be plugged right into the extra stock outputs for lights which include a high beam and low beam connections.

http://trailtech.net/single_lights.html

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try these guys :

http://www.niterideroffroad.com/

I ran the hellfire HIDs on my z400 and they put out a lot of light and the are easy to put on and take off. I have not mounted them to my KTM yet but I will have them on for my first dune trip in May.

I also run the HID helmet light and it is worth eavry penny, I think the helmet light puts out just as much if not more than the handle bar mounted lights.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
06 blaster, modded right out. rode stock for 2 years then modded out and raced

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Back in the days I had a yamaha warrior 350 dont remember the year, 2000 honda 400 ex, now 2005 Yamaha R1 street bike and 2008 450xc. Wife wont let me get anymore toys for now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts