1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Did you get some prices on those bad boys? I knew web had some stuff per chatting with dasa about it. They built some super moto bikes for ktm that made killer power.

·
Registered
114 Posts
How much do these cams run?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The website said like $368 for the set. Not TOO bad I guess. I thought I posted earlier but I guess I didnt post it. Any body have a clue as to how these would compare maybe to the crowers

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
from the specs the Crower is in between the two webs. Crower is intake only, run with the stock exhaust cam.

I've had great results with the new victory profile in YFZ's and if we get the same gains in the 505 along with a degreed in stock exhaust (like doing the cam mod in a YFZ) I'm hoping for a sharp increase in mid range get up and go....... then we will be talking !!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from the specs the Crower is in between the two webs. Crower is intake only, run with the stock exhaust cam.

I've had great results with the new victory profile in YFZ's and if we get the same gains in the 505 along with a degreed in stock exhaust (like doing the cam mod in a YFZ) I'm hoping for a sharp increase in mid range get up and go....... then we will be talking !!

So ya might keep it at that point huh?lol
Well, how much did the crower set you back?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
So ya might keep it at that point huh?lol
Well, how much did the crower set you back?

I think it was around the same price as both the webcams.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would advance the standard exhaust cam .5mm or 5 degrees to move the power where is needs to be on the 505 or 450 ,recommend dial in and clay check piston to valve clearances ;)

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Brad

I having a bet each way ! I have a low hrs 07 YFZ and all new parts & components to do another 480, so if this doesn't get the KTM moving i'll build another yamaha for the season.......

hope to have the KTM on the dyno end Jan

now to get the suspension dialed in..........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I was looking more into what Kiwi was talking about and found this cam.
Any thoughts?

http://www.webcamshafts.com/pages/atv/ktm/...ta/tc_4925.html

And then here is a little more aggressive of a cam. Its a little more of a top end cam.

http://www.webcamshafts.com/pages/atv/ktm/...a/tc_61542.html

I see full exhaust and cam in my future for the 450sx
Am i seeing right, the second web has lift .480, .440
That seems wild compared to other general manufactures webs
Nearly half inch lift :eek: :eek:
i suppose these eng can take this OK ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts