KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used XC 525 ATV.I'm from the two wheeled world and found it hard to get use to the thumb throttle.I'm thinking about getting a Terrycable Dual Gasser throttle.I'll keep my thumb throttle buds happy and myself a little more control.Has anyone got any feedback on this type of throttle?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Tried one on my last quad.
Nice piece of engineering, but just not for me.
I have a two wheel back ground as well, so I was thinking the same as yourself.
After trying the twist throttle & near coming to grief about 1/2 dozen times because of it I gave up.
I'll stick with the thumb throttle on the quads.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Twist throttle won't work in the XC's cos there's a sensor in stock thumb throttle. If you disconect it, quad'll die about 10-15 minutes...
That's what happened in my friend's KTM.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Twist throttle won't work in the XC's cos there's a sensor in stock thumb throttle. If you disconect it, quad'll die about 10-15 minutes...
That's what happened in my friend's KTM.

You have to put in a switch and it works. Motion pro sells one or you can just get a regular push button switch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to put in a switch and it works. Motion pro sells one or you can just get a regular push button switch.
Would a 2 wire kill switch(KTM) work or the KTM ign. maping switch.Had an extra,just wondering if it would work? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah it works , or you can just use the stock switch that comes with the thumb throttle and just zip tie it to the bars, looks bad but works fine

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah it works , or you can just use the stock switch that comes with the thumb throttle and just zip tie it to the bars, looks bad but works fine
Hi I am also riding a 525 XC with a MP twist throttle and bypass button.
However the bypass button of MP is giving us problems.

Reading your quote, you are saying that you can just use any 2 wired button and use the sensor cable of the original twist trottle to bypass the TPS or is this to simple, as I don't see any other solutions on this forum.

On original start button of a DB could also be okay then?

thanks.
Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.