KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember this thread ...
KTMatvHQ - Last week was a bad week
What I thought was a sprained wrist turned out to be a fractured scaphoid bone (the one below your thumb) in my wrist. So, I went to the orthopedist today expecting to get a cast which I was not looking forward to having for 2-3 months. Even better however, I was informed this bone is perhaps the most difficult one in the entire body to heal properly and I would need to have surgery to repair it. Now, I get to have a screw implanted next Wednesday. The good news is the recovery time is only 4-6 weeks which beats the cast for 3 months :p

If you injure yourself riding, take my advice and go see your doctor. You never know what may actually be wrong and you don't want to set yourself up for years of trouble and pain down the road when body parts don't heal properly.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I THINK that was the bone Natalie broke. Also I injured my thumb(throttle thumb too) a LONG time ago before I even raced atv's. To make a long story short, I jammed it a couple years ago and my thumb hurts almost everyday and if I TAP it just right, the pain is so bad it makes me light headed for a second. So I stretch it and pop it a lot to keep it moving and flexible..

But I agree, get checked out ASAP, dont wait! I think if I would have gotten it checked out I wouldnt be having this problem anymore

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's awesome! Now you get to set the sensors off at the airport, :D "um sir, um we're going to have to do a cavity search for weapons" said the big burly security guard. :lol:

Sorry I know it sucks, just screwin with ya a little! get it! :D

I have three in my ankle from slippin on ice?!? (don't ask) Welcome to the screwed up club!!! :blink:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Like its sorta sad, Im 19, rode quads and stuff since i before i could reach the pegs and Ive still never broken a bone. I dont know if this is a blessing in disguise or what but i feel left out! hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts