KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't really sure where to put this post, but I am looking to guage some interest from you guys. In an attempt to bring you all the best products available on the market for your KTM's, I have taken on some new things here at FourWerx. To join our lightweight division, we are bringing about new parts constantly, and since we are always looking to make improvements, I feel that Titanium is a material that can/should be brought about for you all to have.

Titanium bolts and fasteners have been around for years, but rarely are seen in the ATV market due to the extreme cost they carry. In many cases, titanium bolts carry about a 40-60% weight savings over the standard steel bolts that come on your machines today. I have used and tested Ti hardware on both my KTM and Honda machines and have seen good results.

We are looking to bring about "kits" for the KTM quads. What areas would you be interested in seeing Titanium used on your KTM? Keep in mind, small nuts and bolts do not make a large different in weight savings due to the size and weight that small fasteners carry, but a arm bolts and shock mounting hardware for example do tend to be quite heavy and weight can be shed easily with the use of Titanium hardware.

Please voice your opinions on this, and if there is interest on this, I will get some kits together and keep the pricing very reasonable for you.

Thanks, Jay @ FWCarbon

·
Registered
568 Posts
Swing arm pivot bolt?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
A Arm bolts/nuts
Swingarm bolt/nut
Axle nuts, and axle lock nut
Sprocket bolts
Brake rotor bolts
Lug nuts
Engine mount bolts/nuts
Shock mount bolts/nuts

While your at it:
front and rear Ti hubs
Ti axle
Ti swingarm
Ti spindles
Ti sprocket hub
Ti brake rotor hub

A lil overboard? :lol: I think the fasteners that are a part of the rotating assemblies would have even better gain with Ti parts, like some of the fasteners I mentioned. I would definitely be interested, though. Be sure to keep updated. :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
A Arm bolts/nuts
Swingarm bolt/nut
Axle nuts, and axle lock nut
Sprocket bolts
Brake rotor bolts
Lug nuts
Engine mount bolts/nuts
Shock mount bolts/nuts

While your at it:
front and rear Ti hubs
Ti axle
Ti swingarm
Ti spindles
Ti sprocket hub
Ti brake rotor hub

A lil overboard? :lol: I think the fasteners that are a part of the rotating assemblies would have even better gain with Ti parts, like some of the fasteners I mentioned. I would definitely be interested, though. Be sure to keep updated. :D
Not a titanium axle because it would be stronger than the swing arm and frame. so in a wreck the swingarm and frame would break not the axle. i would rather replace an axle than a frame and swingarm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts