KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to buy me rear tires, ride trails and mx, can get maxxis, Duro, ITP, what do you guy´s think is the best???

Thank´s

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I am currently running the ITP quadcross mx ones on mine. I'm not saying these are the greatest because I havn't gotten to ride my machine yet, but they look nice. If you want some proven mx tires, the Maxxis razr's are nice.

What size are you looking to go to?

Jay

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
razrs are proven XC tire, not suited for MX riding, holeshot SX is a very good MX tire, as is the maxxis razr cross tire, pirellis compound is way to hard.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The size that i can get is 20x11x9 and i think i go with the ITP, the maxxis that came with the quad where ok but when i whent riding mx they just disapered. Duro i have never seen before and don´t even like the name heeh

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try the ITP GNCC's, I have them on the ltr and also have a ktm with the maxxis and the front tires ITP's have a stiffer sidewall and will get you back to camp and feel a little safer getting there...

I personally think the maxxis tires hook a little better in the mud and have a softer compund, my GNCC's are about 2 years old and not too many hours on them but they have very little wear....

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Razr= XC tire

Hoteshot SX= intermediate to hard pack tire

Holeshot MXR6= great all around tire

Holeshot MXR4= great all around tire but wear quickly

Holeshot XC= name says it all

MX riding, 18' rears 20' fronts

XC or trails, 20' rears 21' fronts

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Razr= XC tire

Hoteshot SX= intermediate to hard pack tire

Holeshot MXR6= great all around tire

Holeshot MXR4= great all around tire but wear quickly

Holeshot XC= name says it all

MX riding, 18' rears 20' fronts

XC or trails, 20' rears 21' fronts

hope this helps

Do the 18s rear work good with stock sprockets ?? or do they need changed ??

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
we change it a tooth or two depending on th track, i dont really noticea difference but some people do, it definetly corners a lot better with 18s on an MX track, from your pics it looks like thats what you ride

1 - 9 of 9 Posts