KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only have 20 minutes of cruising around on the 525, noticed the trans is really sharp/notchy?? and Its hard to find nuetral. I'm thinking and have been told that this will go away.. any feedback on this matter??

·
Registered
118 Posts
only have 20 minutes of cruising around on the 525, noticed the trans is really sharp/notchy?? and Its hard to find nuetral. I'm thinking and have been told that this will go away.. any feedback on this matter??

I always have to turn mine off to find neutral.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I usually tap down from 2nd to find neutral, seems like it's been easier to find it lately. I'm not sure if it's because I've got more hours on the tranny or if I'm just getting use to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I usually tap down from 2nd to find neutral, seems like it's been easier to find it lately. I'm not sure if it's because I've got more hours on the tranny or if I'm just getting use to it.
I have better luck tapping down from 2nd as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
IT IS LIKE THIS FOR A REASON. When you are riding and you are "hard at it" you dont want it to find neutral. Come on fellas this was a topic a year ago.

·
Registered
72 Posts
IT IS LIKE THIS FOR A REASON. When you are riding and you are "hard at it" you dont want it to find neutral. Come on fellas this was a topic a year ago.

It might have been made like that for a reason, but the only time I find neutral(from 1st or 2nd) is when the engine is off, or I'm "hard at it". I've been reading some of the old posts hoping that it was a break in issue. I've put now 20 hours or so of hard riding, it's still doin it though. I've been watching the oil and running it through a screen to try and see any chips/shards, I haven't found any as of yet. I will say that I do quick shift alot when riding hard, but this has never caused any apparent damage to all my other bikes (street or dirt).

·
Registered
951 Posts
It might have been made like that for a reason, but the only time I find neutral(from 1st or 2nd) is when the engine is off, or I'm "hard at it". I've been reading some of the old posts hoping that it was a break in issue. I've put now 20 hours or so of hard riding, it's still doin it though. I've been watching the oil and running it through a screen to try and see any chips/shards, I haven't found any as of yet. I will say that I do quick shift alot when riding hard, but this has never caused any apparent damage to all my other bikes (street or dirt).

I got a buttload of hours and neutral never got easier. Down from second is all that works. I use the clutch for starting, stopping , and for finesse in technical stuff. Other than that I don't use it and my magnet has never looked bad at oil change.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Perhaps I just got used to the trans or I have a rare case of an easier than usual to find neutral, but i really dont have any problems finding neutral on mine....on or off, in 2nd gear or not, but my cousin's outlaw sounds more like what everyone is talking about. His is so bad it almost seems like it doesnt have neutral!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
And I back it up by hmmm 10th. Much easier to do it from 2nd gear !

·
Registered
72 Posts
Alright so it's hard to find.....it will continue to be hard to find.......definately better from 2nd.............but there are no major problems people with some hours on them have had with their clutch/xmsn?!?

I can live with that. B)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I also have the some problem with my XC but my SX is much easier to find

1 - 16 of 16 Posts