KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a dual gasser throttle on an 08 xc 450 and just found out i need a switch to put in place of the tps, anybody have any info? thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
i just won a throttle on ebay off of a 06 trx450 and i was told it would work.....anyone know what mods i have to make. Dealer told me i still have to fudge with the TPS, but ive also hear if you get the throttle off the 06-09 trx they plug right in and thats it. Could anyone possibly elaborate on this?

·
Registered
166 Posts
i just won a throttle on ebay off of a 06 trx450 and i was told it would work.....anyone know what mods i have to make. Dealer told me i still have to fudge with the TPS, but ive also hear if you get the throttle off the 06-09 trx they plug right in and thats it. Could anyone possibly elaborate on this?
The plugs are not exactly the same, so it will not just plug in. I just took apart the plug on the TRX throttle as well as the plug on the stock throttle, and switched the plugs, then it hooks right up.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I have a T&K switch for sale.
How much you want for the switch? can you post a pic? Does it plug right in? Or do you have to splice the wires?
Thanks

I heard you can use a Map-Selector switch and they are only $20 something, and you can get from your local dealer.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
How much you want for the switch? can you post a pic? Does it plug right in? Or do you have to splice the wires?
Thanks

I heard you can use a Map-Selector switch and they are only something, and you can get from your local dealer.
Switch is sold to Stryker. Yes, they do just plug in, no splicing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah im just going to switch the plugs. I have done that stuff before with quads, and its a piece of cake switchin plugs over. not worth the extra money to buy the bypass switch to me. but knowing my luck, you guys will prob. all be laughin at me in a week or so saying, "you should have just bought the switch" :lol:

·
Registered
430 Posts
yeah im just going to switch the plugs. I have done that stuff before with quads, and its a piece of cake switchin plugs over. not worth the extra money to buy the bypass switch to me. but knowing my luck, you guys will prob. all be laughin at me in a week or so saying, "you should have just bought the switch" :lol:
Having the switch will allow you to start say, with 1/4 throttle for a better jump if racing. I know that this is what the GNCC atv team does. Their head mechanic told me thats how they do it.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
All you do is turn on the key then push in the button on the switch and start it up. It's good until you turn the key off.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Is there a different CDI to eliminate the whole throttle switch system, say maybe off the bike?

·
Registered
166 Posts
wait, so after i switch over the plugs, It still will start goofy? I figured it would be just like stock, but with the honda throttle on it.
No it'll be the same as stock if you switch out the plugs. If you wanna run a twist throttle or some other thumb throttle that doesn't have the wires, then you would need the bypass switch.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Having the switch will allow you to start say, with 1/4 throttle for a better jump if racing. I know that this is what the GNCC atv team does. Their head mechanic told me thats how they do it.
I tried to start my wifes at 1/4 throttle and it does not start near as well as when you leave the throttle shut. Guess I need to mess with the jetting some more.

·
Registered
73 Posts
well i bolted up the honda 450R throttle today, wow what a differance. Alot better fit with your hand and alot easier to pull. Starts up great....actually i think a little better then with the stock thumb throttle. Think the TORS system just might be better on the honda. Overall i paid $40 for the complete throttle and LOVE IT!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I put on a honda throttle and the dirtbike CDI. Work great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts