KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i m thinking to buy a utv but, i m deciding between yamaha rhino 700 vs a rzr900xp
is no way to compair a rhino with a rzr900 but, yamaha toughness doesnt compair to anything else.
what about the toughness of a rzr 900xp how good and how tough they are when it goes to the mud?
a good thing of yamaha is you just use it and use it and use it and doesnt require a good maintenance
what about polaris vs yamaha in the field of toughnees and lazy maintenance.
thanks

i thing yamaha rhino is to expensive for what it is
it is slow, heavy and old.
they havent change it for years

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
wildcat............

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
wildcar ride better but slower, consider this in your purchase, how many aftermarket parts are out and how many used ones there are to buy, I want a rzr900xp but there a car in price, i bought a rhino for 4500, just a pit car for me and something for the wife to drive.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
wildcat or commander

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dad owns a rihno 660 (2006 or 2007 I don't remember but its the last year before the 700 came out) and befor my ktm I only hade yamahas and I'm realy desapointed with the rihno compared to the other yamaha that I and my dad used to own. That thing is awesome in the mud but the belt slips a lot and yes you have to do lots of maintenance on them.. Maybe they changed with the 700 but with my experience with the rhino I'd go with a can am commander. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the info guys
hey but, dont you think yamaha is over priced what they offering within that rhino 700
with $1500k more, i can buy a good rzr.
what i dont understand if those rzr could stand to the punishment and the toughness you can do with those rhinos without braking anything.
i will go for a rzr but, i dont know if they going to have a lot of issues or weak parts. i heard that the first thing you have to do to the rzr xp is to go for the gorillas axles.
what i hate is that yamaha they offer 2 models yamaha rhino 700 and yamaha rhino 700 sport that´s it.
then polaris kawasaki can am and articat they have a lot different models to choose.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My buddies have rzr's and they have put them through hell and havent had any issues. Im not a fan of polaris and think their cheap quality but the rzr has surprised me. If you plan on playin in the dunes or fast whooped out trails get the xp900; using it more for hunting or through the woods get a commander xt. The commander X will be inbetween the xp900 and xt as far as performance and utility. Dont get a pos Rhino unless money is the issue....my 2cents

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a commander and if you plan on doing slow technical trails you need new clutching, for real 4wheeling in the rough you need to change the front diff to the qe system. If you are a high speed addict through rough terrain you will need to change the steering to rackzilla steering. Other than that the machine has been left stock and worked hard for 135 hrs/3200KLMs with no problems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tough to pick. Wildcat is crazy new hot off the productuion line but to soon to tell wether or not it will have issues. No aftermarket stuff. Teryx has some aftermarket. Commander has rave reviews and BRP seems to be a pretty good engineering and design company. The XP has forged ahead since the release of the 900. Real tough call. I have owned the old arctic 650 H1 Prowler since 07 with very little maintenance it has ran fine and no parts have broken yet

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is an UTV? Utility Terrain Vehicles, or UTVs, are fabricated and involved more for work than entertainment. They are huge, strong, ready to situate travelers next to each other, and worked with heaps of extra room. They're usually used to pull gear and supplies in areas like in kemimoto that make utilizing a truck unreasonable or unthinkable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts