KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, its coming down to the wire getting for the 09 season. I would like to match up my machines for practice and race. I am looking to sell my 08.

Bad part about it is, my 08 is brand new with almost 20k stuck into it. :(

Here it is.. what should i do? Fully build motor, all aftermarket alllll over!!!!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
part it out! I want the frame and motor :D

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would probably consider parting it out. But right now I have to wait and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Well guys, its coming down to the wire getting for the 09 season. I would like to match up my machines for practice and race. I am looking to sell my 08.

Bad part about it is, my 08 is brand new with almost 20k stuck into it. :(

Here it is.. what should i do? Fully build motor, all aftermarket alllll over!!!!

based on the current market condition i would guess that you could make as much as $12k parting it out or a maximum of $8k-$9k selling it as is...

my highest offer on my LTR was $7500 and when it was all said and done i made $11k parting it out...

good luck!

another idea would be to put it back to stock and sell it maybe for $7k and then sell all the aftermarket parts separately...

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very true Bronson. I have to weigh my options here before I do anything. I am starting to realize that I have too many toys and not enough time to use them all. I wanted to have a race quad and practice quad, but sometimes I think its unjustified to have $30K+ in quads when I'm not doing this professionally.

I have no idea.. who knows maybe I'll just keep it.

haha.. Jay

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well it doesnt seem as if you have ridden either one of them. Why dont you ride or race one then go from there. 30gs in quads to look at, is rediculous!!!!! GO RIDE them and enjoy what others dream about.

08 is a bueatifull bike to bad its not gettin ridden!!!!!! sad sad sad :(

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea it is sad man, I think about it allllll day long. My work load is tremendous and I rarely get to enjoy the things I buy or build. I guess thats what I get for trying to run a busniess and have a full time job.. hah..

Thanks tho, Jay

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yea it is sad man, I think about it allllll day long. My work load is tremendous and I rarely get to enjoy the things I buy or build. I guess thats what I get for trying to run a busniess and have a full time job.. hah..

Thanks tho, Jay
Check your messages trew!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
So do you get to ride the Street bike or is that $20 grand + bike just sitting in the garage also.Ill take the nerfs and the hipers. hehe.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ehh.. The Ducati has 700 miles on it now. I ride it to work and back every now and then but don't get to take many nice trips with it. haha..

Looking to sell this thing as a whole. xKTM450x I pm'd you back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
if only i lived closer to you. i could really help this situation by taking some of your work load off your shoulders. I would start by riding the wheelers and letting you know which i liked better. then when the roads got clear i would ride the bike through all the twisties i could find. letting you know what changes you could do to it. geez the possibilties. ha ha good luck with the delimma

1 - 11 of 11 Posts