KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the season is almost over and and stand between to buy the new 450 Sx or to fix my 450 Xc for the season 2009.

I really like my Xc, haven´t riding anything greather than that, love the suspension, engine and all.

But the Sx is really tempting. Is the engine the same as the one on the 450 Sx Motocross ? I´ve heard that it´s a totaly new build engine ? if so, no one knows how the reability is on it ?
and another problem is the suspension that I´ve been hearing a alots of complainments about here in Sweden, but I´ve been only hearing good things about it from you guys here ?

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Hi, the season is almost over and and stand between to buy the new 450 Sx or to fix my 450 Xc for the season 2009.

I really like my Xc, haven´t riding anything greather than that, love the suspension, engine and all.

But the Sx is really tempting. Is the engine the same as the one on the 450 Sx Motocross ? I´ve heard that it´s a totaly new build engine ? if so, no one knows how the reability is on it ?
and another problem is the suspension that I´ve been hearing a alots of complainments about here in Sweden, but I´ve been only hearing good things about it from you guys here ?
The engine is the same you can find in the SX-F bike. It's a new unit (RF4), different from the RFS engines. It is a more linear engine, although packs more power. Unlike the 525XC for example you can open the throttle in low rpm's without expecting the bike ripping out of your hands

It has more compression (12.5:1), a bigger carb (41mm FCR), dual overhead cams and from what i read, KTM has reinforced it a little bit for the quads.
From what KTM factory team guys say, the 450SX has a little bit more power than the 525XC. The 505SX has even more and both SX's rev much faster

I think it'll all have to do with your riding style.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine is the same you can find in the SX-F bike. It's a new unit (RF4), different from the RFS engines. It is a more linear engine, although packs more power. Unlike the 525XC for exemple you can open the throttle in low rpm's without expecting the bike ripping out of your hands

It has more compression (12.5:1), a bigger carb (41mm FCR), dual overhead cams and from what i read, KTM has reinforced it a little bit for the quads.
From what KTM factory team guys say, the 450SX has a little bit more power than the 525XC. The 505SX has even more and both SX's rev much faster

It think it'll all have to do with your style of riding.
Okey, sounds really good.
About my riding style do I think that this engine suits me better. I´m a Banshee guy from the begining så I like fast revved engines

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
agthey also rev incredibly quick, the suspension starts off very hard but breaks in after a few hours from what ive heard, i liked it when i rode it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts