KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to ktms want to know wat is the best bolt on parts to go with . as far as exhaust, intake, carb setups, gearing, cdi box, and wats the best way to go on setting it up for an all around power performance

·
Registered
52 Posts
new to ktms want to know wat is the best bolt on parts to go with . as far as exhaust, intake, carb setups, gearing, cdi box, and wats the best way to go on setting it up for an all around power performance
The first thing you should do is send your shocks to rocket ron and get them set up right for your riding style and weight. That will make the bigest diference in how fast you are. I steering stablizer would be #2. Most slip on's help a little(not like on Jap bikes) Driver 311 did a dyno shoot out on slip on's. If you are going to leave the motor stock or add a slip on the JD jet kits work pretty well for most people. If you are plan on building the motor try the 06+ honda HRC needle. If you use that needle keep in mind it is quite a bit richer up top so you will use a smaller main jet. If you ride a lot of woods you might not to bore the carb, but for duning, mx, tt or something with a lot of top end riding bore the carb and maybe a cam swap(806,807,833) will be very helpful. I ride a lot of tight woods and really like the stock gearing, if you want more topend the bike will pull a 15t(+1)front fine. Just keep in mind what you want the bike to do and pick a setup where all the parts complament each other, and chassis-suspension setup is vital. There is no point in having a big hp motor you can't use to it's potential.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
thats what i was going to say GAME ON

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tend to dune ride and drag race most of the time on my ktm when i get it hopefully this week.....it is one of the used refurbed ones from ktm.....that sell a little cheaper than the new ones just curious as to what is known about these used refurbed bikes from ktm

·
Registered
951 Posts
i tend to dune ride and drag race most of the time on my ktm when i get it hopefully this week.....it is one of the used refurbed ones from ktm.....that sell a little cheaper than the new ones just curious as to what is known about these used refurbed bikes from ktm

Didn't even know they did that. How much OTD?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
7600 otd with that 1540 dollar specail value pack if you buy a ktm right now consisting of nerf bars, front bumper, extra set of entire plastics, ohlin stereing stablizer, atv stand, gas jug zip ties, oil, oil filters, air filters a bunch of extra stuff witch is nice

·
Registered
769 Posts
CT pipe works well for dunes, drops a little power down low, but picked it up in the mid/high end, over other pipes, I use the HMF and like it, follow my instructions for the carb mods listed in the other thread, carb boring will pick up about 1.5hp on top and not lose power on the bottom, I haven't dyno'd any cams yet so, a can't verify power, but others claim a good pick up with any of the three Jerry listed, Driver and I are working on do it yourself intakes, and will be dynoing his tonight.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Just be aware that the CT is REALLY loud, and isn't allowed in any area with noise regulations. Its way over any DB limit you will find. It does make good power tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts