KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new site sponsor, I just wanted to show you guys some of the things I offer. Of course this is just a mock up right now. I just wanted to show you guys some of the crazy things I can do.

Carbon fiber motor mounts: ( Prototype trim )

·
Registered
51 Posts
how do they hold up in extreme impacts ( i.e. very hard bad landing), also doesnt carbon fiber get brittle with extreme heat ? im quite intersted but i ride in very hot conditions where the bike runs really hot all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are actually prototyped for Patrickj75 who will be doing R&D for me on them on the TT track. They will be for TT or Drag only!!! I do not recomend use on the MX track with these do to the lack of knowledge on how they'll withstand hard landings.

The ones in the pic arn't going to be what Patrickj75 will use, his will be waterjet cut, and will have aluminum bushings mounted in the motor mount holes to lessen wear on CF.

Thanks, Jay

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
you could alway mount them on the outside of your exsisting aluminum mounts, and have the carbon fiber look and still keep the strength of stock.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could make thinner ones for that but the ones I made are meant to be strong and are quite thick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
could you or have you made a protective cf shield for the pipe by the rear fender and sub-frame. i got a cf ktm cover but i jus picked one they use on there bikes. havn't rigged it yet but for sure don't want to ruin anymore pants.
sarah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts