KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i figured id get on here and let everyone know how the teixeira steering flag was working.I noticed right away when i got it out of the box some serious time and development had been put into it and some top of the line craftmanship. once i got it mounted i re aligned my front end and took off on it for a test ride. This thing really shines in the really rocky creek beds and rooted hills, i would highly suggest checking this out for anyone with the ktm's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sounds cool i just ordered one I have been hoping houser would make one so this is my answer. can"t wait to get it . i will give you my feedback, by the way do you have a dampener? i have a scotts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im running the precision stabilizer, if yours mounts to the stock flag you need to be sure to tell ed that u need the mount on yours he sells them both with and without the mount for stock type dampners....

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
What is this supposed to do? Help with bumpsteer? Turning radius? Tracking in the rough? (which I think usually a bump steer problem) Help me out here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is this supposed to do? Help with bumpsteer? Turning radius? Tracking in the rough? (which I think usually a bump steer problem) Help me out here.

yes it corrects the bump steer problems on the ktm, ed claims 50% less bumpsteer at 11 inches of travel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is a steering flag? and why do you need it? how bad is the steering on the KTM ATV? that you need all these gadgets ,lets not forget the stablizer also, I have the 450xc with a 540 kit, I am on the east coast ,no plush sand here, just lots of rocks and rooted trails, I could see where a steering stablizer would help some, but jeez,at $480.00+ what the heck are they made out of gold! So far my steering is stock and I don't seem to be losing any ground to my buddies with 700 Raptors! Usualy they have a hard time keeping up with me! One more question is the Percision stablizer really worth the ransom they are asking?

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the precision and love it. How do you like your 540 kit? Can you tell much difference in power from stock and the 540 kit. Also what size hypers did you go with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is a steering flag? and why do you need it? how bad is the steering on the KTM ATV? that you need all these gadgets ,lets not forget the stablizer also, I have the 450xc with a 540 kit, I am on the east coast ,no plush sand here, just lots of rocks and rooted trails, I could see where a steering stablizer would help some, but jeez,at 0.00+ what the heck are they made out of gold! So far my steering is stock and I don't seem to be losing any ground to my buddies with 700 Raptors! Usualy they have a hard time keeping up with me! One more question is the Percision stablizer really worth the ransom they are asking?

The steering Flag is what goes on the bottom of your steering stem, its the piece where the tie rod ends are mounted to. I am from the east coast also and race the full GNCC series with a few other locals mid-souths and ky state hare scrambles .

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't compare it to a stock 450 because I got the kit installed when it was brand new! I don't know how good the stock 450 is, I'm sure the extra 90cc sure don't hurt. I have a Raptor 700 and it feels every bit as fast as it maybe faster, have'nt done a side by side drag race as of yet.I have only had it out two times, one time at Hatfeild McCoy, and just my local trails.The Hiper wheels are basicly the same size as the stock wheels.The big differance between the KTM and the Raptor for me is the weight, the KTM just reacts to every small imput at the bars,much easier to manuver, where the Raptor you have to muscle it around,I like light weight ATV's and I think that is where the KTM has the advantage over most all other ATV's.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Could i use these Steeringflag with the oehlins Steeringstabilizer???? Is it possible to mount the oehlins steeringstabilizer on a KTM SX 505 Quad or why do you prefer GPR or Precision

·
Registered
39 Posts
Could i use these Steeringflag with the oehlins Steeringstabilizer???? Is it possible to mount the oehlins steeringstabilizer on a KTM SX 505 Quad or why do you prefer GPR or Precision
the stock dampener mount on the bike is weak so precision made there own mount, i have own both GPR now i have the precision and i am impresed with the precision

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

yes you can for 10 dollars extra he adds the factory style stabilizer mount....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks guys, that helped me very much........ which steering stabilizer is the best for the KTM

Oehlins ???? GPR?????? Precision ??????????

·
Registered
500 Posts
My vote is for Precision. I love mine!!!

Brian

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
what about elka......
I have an Elka System 5 on mine. It has a ton of adjustments. I haven't had a ton of time on it so I'm still learning about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts