KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried this. the sx seat is much lower and better for cornering. Also my local dealer is willing to give me $50 credit for my xc seat towards a new sx seat.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
has anyone tried this. the sx seat is much lower and better for cornering. Also my local dealer is willing to give me credit for my xc seat towards a new sx seat.

Sure will, but it will not work the otherway around. The SX Seat fits the XC, but the XC seat does not fit the SX due to the larger airbox/boot that the SX utilizes

Jay

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer says the seat or sx hood aren't available 'till december. Don't crash you sx guys, you might not be able to get replacement parts for a while.

·
Registered
207 Posts
No, it wont work. The seat is lower under it to, so it stops the air.
and yes, I´ve tried :)

Think someone else tired here to ?

·
Registered
579 Posts
no it wont :)

Last time I was at the dealership we had a 450 xc beside a 450 sx. The sx seat fit the xc and it fit fine and did not seem like it was hitting anything. The XC seat did not fit the SX because of the larger air intake tube on it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A friend told me the seatpans have the exact same part #'s on the sticker on the bottom. my local dealer doesn't have a sx so I can't do my own research. Any way to sit lower is good to me. I feel like i'm on a horse compared to my 250R.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jay from fourwerx, I see from your pictures that you own both machines. could you give us a clear and definitive answer to this debate. thanks Bob

·
Registered
579 Posts
The only way putting the SX seat on an XC can be done is to put the SX intake on the XC.
I was at the dealer again over the weekend and you are incorrect. The SX seat fits just fine on the a XC with the XC intake hose. The opposite is not true. Sorry.

·
Registered
579 Posts
A friend told me the seatpans have the exact same part #'s on the sticker on the bottom. my local dealer doesn't have a sx so I can't do my own research. Any way to sit lower is good to me. I feel like i'm on a horse compared to my 250R.
The seat pans are different because the XC seat pan has posts on it so the seat rides on the frame and the SX seat does not have those posts.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I was at the dealer again over the weekend and you are incorrect. The SX seat fits just fine on the a XC with the XC intake hose. The opposite is not true. Sorry.
By no means I am trying to discount your research and hard work; but I am pretty sure that Chris Vogt of KTM North America (KTM Vogt) knows what he is talking about as he eats, sleeps and breathes these KTM quads...

I know that no one is perfect and there is a very small chance he could be incorrect; but there is a greater than zero chance that he is correct. I mean common he is on KTM's payroll...

·
Registered
579 Posts
By no means I am trying to discount your research and hard work; but I am pretty sure that Chris Vogt of KTM North America (KTM Vogt) knows what he is talking about as he eats, sleeps and breathes these KTM quads...

I know that no one is perfect and there is a very small chance he could be incorrect; but there is a greater than zero chance that he is correct. I mean common he is on KTM's payroll...
No problem, just stating what i saw.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I finally have some info. went to the dealer yesterday, they had a 08xc, a 09xc, and a 09sx. the sx seat fit on both xc's. the sx has the same exact seatpan as the 09xc. the 08xc seatpan does have posts on the front to rest on the airbox. the 09xc and sx do not. it makes no difference though cause they all were interchangable. I had a tape measure with me and measured every part to make sure they were the same, they are. all that I cannot verify is if the 08xc seat fits the sx cause the sx was still in the crate in the back and I never even saw the bike, they just brought the seat out to me. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
the 08 xc seatpan is not compatible with the 09 sx, we tried it and it cut off the airbox, you have to trim some of the seatpan off in order to make it work

dont even try to call it bs because we tried it, we have a quad tech tump seat on the xc seatpan and we tried to fit it on the sx, it fit fine, loked fine, but it didnt let any air through, we put the regular seat back on and it ran like a champ, apparently you can cut some of the plastic off and make it fit

1 - 19 of 19 Posts