KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am getting a ktm (450) once my father comes up with the money pretty soon, and i am stuck between trying to get the sx and see how low we can get the price to purchase it or go with the xc which fits my riding area a little better.but in the future if i get the xc im going to want to put hipers,a-arms nets and some other goodies and thats going to cost around the diffrence in how much mydealer is selling them for.and the other problem is that when i go riding its a mix of trials,jumps and mud and i dont know if it would be better to go with the sx, which is super sexy or the xc which is kinda ment for that area.
so can you guys help me with my problem.either way im still going to be taking home a sick bike.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
A 525 might be a better beat if your not racing ? lean on your dealer to through in some nerfs

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
idk,i just want to stick to the 450.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
if your not gonna be racing and displacement isn't a issue then why not go with the 525..

if you ride them both, your gonna want the extra power the 525 puts out..the thing is a blast to ride in the woods

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 525 xc and an LTR 450, which has the same mx wheels as the SX. While I love my LTR and hope to get an SX, the XC is more versatile and far better for trails. Its large tires handle the rocks, branches, and holes much better, and its engine has more low end torque than the LTR or SX, which like to be reved. The LTR and SX are best for groomed tracks, fire roads, and they corner better than the XC at high speeds. From your description it sounds like the XC would be a better fit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to add on to my topic i was going to buy some razr II for the rear or all around if i get the SX.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
the SX has GOBS of power everywhere, it likes to e revved but it get there quick, the xc is a little less high strung. the XC wheelies, alot, whether you want it to or not that front end is coming up

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well guys i think im going to try to get the SX price as lowwwww as i can to take it home,hopefully befor summer,so i can go riding every day with my buddys and spank there trx and yfz!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts