KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to have a place where members can post up there jettings specs.

Give motor modifications list as well.

:D

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Modded stock box
42.5mm carb
hmf full system

180mj
hrc needle 3rd clip
45 pj
40 lj (drilled and tapped for this)
modded acc. pump nozzle
1.5 turns on fuel screw

Runs flawless.

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
505 sx,
stock exhaust and air box

500ft
60-70 F

162 mj
hrc needle 3rd clip
45 pilot
40 leak jet
o ring mod.
ap squirter mod

runs flawless - kudos to ranchero and driver

·
Registered
60 Posts
What HRC needle are you guys using the 04-05 or the 06 and newer? I ordered both. I currently have JD jet kit installed. After the season I will send it out to get the full treatment. Have to try this to now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
What HRC needle are you guys using the 04-05 or the 06 and newer? I ordered both. I currently have JD jet kit installed. After the season I will send it out to get the full treatment. Have to try this to now.
06, the 04-05 did not have FCR carb.

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
anyone have a part number for the 06 hrc needle? keihin or honda number?

really struggling to find one in the uk.

·
Registered
477 Posts
HRC needle is only available in the jet kit. From Honda: Part #16020-NLZ-610 about $32

The needle has its own part # 16201-NLZ-611, unavailable seperately.

Reactions: owe

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
KTM 505, web cams / ported head /13.5;1 piston / 43mm carb / vortex ignition / Akro muffler / modded airbox

45 pilot / jd blue on 4th clip / 170 main / R&D accel pump squirter and bored squirt noozle

was on 45 / jd red on 5th clip 180 main......

pulls harder and revs out better with the blue and smaller main jet, I was finding the 11,700 limited today at our sprint event....... and lightening fast rev out.......

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
sea level............ kinda puts a different spin on things huh........

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
now i'm totally confused. i might just try out that combo. may it be because of the high comp piston and vortex?

i thought they came lean so needed a bigger jet not a smaller one!!!??!!??!

i suppose trial and error is the way to go, and every engine/environment is different.

i'll let you know my findings.

cheers

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
they dont come lean people dont what what they are talking about. They are lean down low because the carb is not built to handle the machine. YOu cant fix that issue with jetting. You need to mod the carb. My bike only took a 162mj stock with cork out. They come with a 175mj stock.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Not only that but seasons have a huge play in jetting. Just becuase it sealevel doesnt necessarily mean it needs more mj. All bikes will be different bases on mods, altitude, weather, and condition of working parts. It just takes practice to get it right.

My major suggestion to everyone is to mod your carb and start from there. You cant fix the bottom end lean issue with jetting alone. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
ok, starting to understand.

i've obviously been reading far too many topics on this and listening to the wrong people.

driver, i've been speaking to ranchero about this carb mod and pretty much have it sorted.

i'm in scotland in the uk so sending my carb to the states isn't very practical.

he's been doing a very god job at explaining to me. can't thank you guys enough for all the leg work you've been doing on this.

cheers

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
i sure wouldn't use my setup as a base line........ but it works great on my engine, just it has a truck load of heavy mods that drastically changes the way it runs and curburates

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi

I am new here and to be honest did not ride my new 505SX jet. Well I was reading a lot of stuff here on the forum about the jetting issues with the FCR carb. I searched around the web in parallel and found some nice info here:
http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-13/a...up-101-a-33841/

It helped me understand a little better

Jan
That's an outstanding write-up by Super Dave over on KTMTalk, I posted it in another tread. just keep in mind that a quad is heavier the a bike, so the load on the engine is different, but the write-up is great!

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
yea i noticed a good difference witht the hrc needle. smoother running more overrev - snappier

i wouldn't say that its imperative to have but every little helps.

·
Registered
244 Posts
hi,

need some help with my 450 sx quad...............i'm posting here because i know for sure it is a carb problem

i'm running a 42 pilot,162 main and a 42 leak jet
and 1,5-2 turns on fuel/air mixture screw
got 2 fans radiator set-up,stock exhaust and stock sx intake

starts ok,good power,no bogging.......................butttttt.................on some situations when i pull hard/relese quick the throttle all is good but if i pull/relese soft the throttle the engine keeps reving for a few seconds(1-2)after i relese the throttle...............i kinda don't mind on the trails because i'm always in gear,but when i'm on the track all hell brakes loose.......................

for example yesterday i was on a enduro cross race,and could not control the quad...........almost crashed twice and didn't manage to qualify in the second round............kinda disappointed with the bike

3(+me)mechanics already worked on the bike/carb,all of them with the same results
could really use some advice!

tks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts