KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a little play in my swingarm bearings, when i rock the quad side to side there is play in the bearings, anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I seem to have a little play in my swingarm bearings, when i rock the quad side to side there is play in the bearings, anyone else have this issue?
Sure it is the swingarm bearings and not the carrier bearings? about 2 rides after my wife got hers the carrier bearings were loose. 1/4 turn on the axle nut and everything was snug again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its not that ive already been down that road. You can actually see play at the swingarm where it mounts to the frame, not much but enough to pull apart and check. Thanks Mike ( this is mike right?) Tell Jennifer congrats on the race!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
No its not that ive already been down that road. You can actually see play at the swingarm where it mounts to the frame, not much but enough to pull apart and check. Thanks Mike ( this is mike right?) Tell Jennifer congrats on the race!!!
Pulling the swing arm does not look like to bad of a job to do. Jenn says thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had the same issue pulled the swing arm out the needle bearings completly gone only the races were there . not a bad job except the races were siezes to the swing arm.
there is a guy on ebay with kit for 45.00 much cheaper than ktm. I had to replace my bolt it was worn very bad.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im gona pull mine apart in the next couple days. I'll post whatevr I find>

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just finished pulling it apart and the left side swingarm bearings and axle bearings are worn out. Ordered parts and fixing as soon as they get here.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys might want to check your swingarm bearings, it seems the seals let in some dirt and there wasnt alot of grease from the factory. The left side axle bearings really aren't worn out, there is just the begining signs of pitting.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You guys might want to check your swingarm bearings, it seems the seals let in some dirt and there wasnt alot of grease from the factory. The left side axle bearings really aren't worn out, there is just the begining signs of pitting.
I checked jenns when i got home and hers was fine.

·
Registered
579 Posts
so trailrunner Does your wife and yourself both have the ktm quads?
No just my wife has a KTM. I'm tring to sell my 07 Wolverine and her old 07 Raptor 350 before I can even think about getting myself a KTM, and even then I will prolly only get a YFZ450 unless a deal on a good used KTM comes my way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts