KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I went to fit my durablue onto the SX and the linkage arms won't clear the shock ressies :angry: .

I know I can get a wider tube and torsion, but would be keen to see an SX already setup to be sure.......

Thanks

Kiwi

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
here's my XC with a swaybar. All you'd need is wider tube and bar.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I had the same problem on my YFZ, I was able to turn the shock around 180 degress so the resivor was facing the frame. Maybe these will clear that way too?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Im curious what height your quad is at setup for flat track and what kind of width in the rear. I recently took up flat track Im trying to get my setup dialed. I did my second race last night on my ltr and all I did is add tires of course and stiffened up my front shocks real stiff to prevent body roll. Though I was still sitting around 7inches off the ground. Same I use for mx. I did ok, I ended up fourth in our local pro class. The 3 guys that beat me all had sway bars and real low. And their widths all varied. Im just trying to get more input. Mine was still at 50f 50r. The wheels I got are 6 4 offset and I can either go 50 inches or 46inches. Do I need an axle to get it to around 48?? Any input would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Im curious what height your quad is at setup for flat track and what kind of width in the rear. I recently took up flat track Im trying to get my setup dialed. I did my second race last night on my ltr and all I did is add tires of course and stiffened up my front shocks real stiff to prevent body roll. Though I was still sitting around 7inches off the ground. Same I use for mx. I did ok, I ended up fourth in our local pro class. The 3 guys that beat me all had sway bars and real low. And their widths all varied. Im just trying to get more input. Mine was still at 50f 50r. The wheels I got are 6 4 offset and I can either go 50 inches or 46inches. Do I need an axle to get it to around 48?? Any input would be great. Thanks
For ride height it does vary depending on track conditions and how big the jumps are if its a TT track. Around Minnesota the tracks aren't really tacky so I run 5" up front and 4.75" in the rear. Thats with me on the bike. You're front to rear dimensions shouldn't vary more than 1/2". My front width is about 50" and the rear width varies. I have an RPM adjustable +3 axle. This summer I always ran it tucked in since the tracks were slippery. I have found out that with the axle extended out with TT tires its over 50" so I'm having Rath Racing build different size spacers for my axle.

If you're racing ovals you can take all the preload off your shocks to lower your ride height. 3rd place is darn good in Pro class for not having a full setup.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Guys

I went to fit my durablue onto the SX and the linkage arms won't clear the shock ressies :angry: .

I know I can get a wider tube and torsion, but would be keen to see an SX already setup to be sure.......

Thanks

Kiwi
Can't you run the shocks upside down? I think you can, turn them upside down and the ressies towards the inside. That is how rath runs his floats on the outlaws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts