KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to show the added width over stock. Got the first set of arms back in May, the second set arrived last week.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
IS that with stock shocks? If so, did the ride change much?

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I was worried that the ride would go extremely soft but Ktm moved the shock location outward to stiffen it up. I really like the ride but for pure mx it's still a bit softly sprung for me. 200lbs. vet A rider.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes shocks are stock. It is much improved from stock, and there is a Precision on there as well (a must imo) but it is still far to high in the rear end which leaves aggresive cornering to be desired. The whole quad is a bit soft on bottoming out (big jumps leave shiny spots or gouges on the track lol) and I wish the shocks were a little more progressive. I am hoping Rocket Rons will be able to help fix that. I am under 150lbs A rider as well so I can imagine what your feeling Big Orange!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I have the same issue with the rear. Thing is these shocks are made for a XC with a higher ride height. An MX setup might be 2 inches lower. I've talked to Ron about the rear. Get the Ohlins dual rate setup and you'll be good to go. Up front I had the top springs changed out for stiffer ones for the extended a-arm length.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I'm finally able to get my KTM on 4 wheels again now that I've got my Rath hubs. I've got the Walsh Flow arms, so I'll give you guys some updates on them and let you know how they perform with the stock Ohlins. I've gotta get some ride time in to compare them to my PEP PB-1's that are scheduled to be done in a week or so.

_ Jay

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Yes shocks are stock. It is much improved from stock, and there is a Precision on there as well (a must imo) but it is still far to high in the rear end which leaves aggresive cornering to be desired. The whole quad is a bit soft on bottoming out (big jumps leave shiny spots or gouges on the track lol) and I wish the shocks were a little more progressive. I am hoping Rocket Rons will be able to help fix that. I am under 150lbs A rider as well so I can imagine what your feeling Big Orange!
Precision? Is that a spring for the rear? or the dampner?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't get me wrong, the front handles well, but with the ride height being so high at the rear, it just naturally transfers the weight too far forward.Its like riding with 22" bush tires on the rear and 19" mx tires on the front
I haven't talked to Ron myself, but my husband did, and I liked what I heard, its just that its the cost x2. for both machines. Getting both the fronts and rear done over by Ron is in the near future, I just can't handle the week or so being down until a little down the road. My old YFZ with Rath arms w/ Pep BC was a tad smoother and definately more plush, but this is (apart from ride height) pretty darn good for OEM equipment. One thing I will mention, that bang for your buck, the KTM arms come complete with new tie rods with ends, all new ball joints and heims, new brakelines,locknuts etc... it is simply an unwrap, adjust your camber+ toe to your liking and go. plus you have a good set of spare hardware from your stockers next season. Pricewise, there is no comparison.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
steering damper. and well worth the money
Yeah just wondering. I actually have one, the first and best aftermarket part anyone can buy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts