KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if anyone can tell what is the weight difference between the stock WP's and Fox Floats.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
GENERALLY Evols weigh 6lbs less than a spring shock, per pair.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yup, pretty much! I have been told that the WP's are pretty light though. As soon as I get my Foxes I will do a comparison with the WP's.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
flots>all

i rode my buddy's sx with floats it was amazing, now ive got some on order lol

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ben what are you doing with your rear, revalve?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Anyone rode Custom Axis ProAir's? Im guessing the weight savings would be just as good if not better than the Floats. Im considering getting ProAirs as my next set of shocks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Anyone rode Custom Axis ProAir's? Im guessing the weight savings would be just as good if not better than the Floats. Im considering getting ProAirs as my next set of shocks.

I havent seen the ProAir in action yet. I would give it a little bit of time to make sure they get the bugs worked out. I have heard they they have a couple issues and they arent as good as an Evol. So, like the Evols I would give them a year or two so they can work out all the issues before you go buying them ;)

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think KTM with some PEP PB1s and that should be a better ride than floats. The KTM is already light.
Sure but i'm asking this because i'm obsessed with weight, of course not compromising the performance.
Weight has a tremendous importance in almost all: performance, fuel consumption, rider fatigue, handling...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Im guessing the floats are maybe only 2lbs lighter than the wp's. They are pretty light.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I havent seen the ProAir in action yet. I would give it a little bit of time to make sure they get the bugs worked out. I have heard they they have a couple issues and they arent as good as an Evol. So, like the Evols I would give them a year or two so they can work out all the issues before you go buying them ;)

Ya thats what other people have said, but I have yet to hear first hand from someone thats rode them. Btw they have been out over a year Im pretty sure. Ah well, I may have a ride report on them hear in a month or so.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The Fox Float Evols have actually been around for over two years (even closer to three actually) because I remember looking at them when I first changed the shocks on my Honda. Also, Team Suzuki has been running them for at least two seasons, back when the Evols weren't even offered in DSC form. I'd say most of the "bugs" are worked out of them by now.

The Axis Airs are debatable from what I hear. Better off with the Fox's in my opinion.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Funny that this thread would be up first thing in the morning. Last night I swapped out my front WP's for a set of Fox Float Evol DSC's. If the question is "whats the difference" the answer would be "night and day". The following is what I found out:

1. With the Fox set-up and the stock rear you are now able to get the optimum ride height of 7 and 7-1/4.

2. The front is now supple and compliant instead of harsh and bouncy.

3. The SX turns even better now.

4. They are lighter, but not sure how much. I just did a "feel" test.

The only thing I am not crazy about is having to check/re-set the air before each ride. I guess its a small price to pay for infinite adjustability.

rrbaby87

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I raced with my Fox DSC's on the front of my SX at pell city, and even though I rode injured, I still felt like by the end of the weekend, I got them dialed. We did some testing the following week in Georgia and I felt great on my Fox fronts and Rocket ron rear.

I'll actually have my Evols up for sale within the next two weeks. Not that I don't like them, its just that I've got 2 sets of WP's on the way here from Europe that I need to do some testing on.

Thanks, Jay

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I raced with my Fox DSC's on the front of my SX at pell city, and even though I rode injured, I still felt like by the end of the weekend, I got them dialed. We did some testing the following week in Georgia and I felt great on my Fox fronts and Rocket ron rear.

I'll actually have my Evols up for sale within the next two weeks. Not that I don't like them, its just that I've got 2 sets of WP's on the way here from Europe that I need to do some testing on.

Thanks, Jay

Not to get off topic but are you gonna list them on here? And how much you wanting for them?

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Yea i'll be listing them on here. I'm not sure what the price will be. 950 or so. they only have a couple rides on them.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Ben what are you doing with your rear, revalve?
fox doesnt have the back shock fully developed yet but they will soon, until then im just gonna soften up teh rear, we cant get the right springs for my weight right now so revavling is kinda pointless.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What do you mean you have two sets of WP's coming from Europe? Did you somehow score yourself some new versions or some with different valving/spring rates? Please do share ...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts