KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know that SOME pipes out there do very well as shorties correct? Brands like TC or CT, I know they are tuneable disc style. But what are your thoughts? Maybe an experiment?

·
Registered
8 Posts
lots of people were cutting pipes back in 01,02,03 to mimic the look of TC's pipe. The TRUE cut pipes such as TC's is a megaphone style exhaust. It is actually a cut supertrapp with a custom machined tip. These pipes put out tons of bottom end torque. Personally I loved the pipe but there was a ton of testing to get the final measurement.

Alot of your power comes from the length of the pipe, not necessarily the bend. This is easly felt if you have ever ridden one of Tom's TCR series of pipe. If the pipe moves one mm the power difference can be felt.

I forget the actual "sweet spot" length. but typically shorter=more bottom. I would start taking half inch sections out to find your sweet spot. don't want to take too much off the first time.

-ross

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ross Dantonio? You riding KTM now?!

I know the header has A LOT to do with low end also on a four stroke. A longer header bend= more low end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts