1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had an ATVCCS race last weekend and the conditions were super muddy

I lost front brakes 1/2 way through the first lap

Lost rear brakes 1/2 way through 2nd lap

KTM says stock pads are organic? They offer metallic pads (sintered) SP?

They say are much better for muddy conditions

There were a total of 7 quads all KTM that I know for sure experienced brake failure during this race

Just a heads up to everyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lost my fronts at the GA GNCC. There was no line pressure at all, I thought I had blown a line. Got the bike back home and there was nothing wrong with it at all. Cleaned the mud off and they work great again. wtf. Went riding last weekend and lost my rear brakes, cleaned them up when I got home and now they work again. I'm thinking I need some help!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I lost my fronts at the GA GNCC. There was no line pressure at all, I thought I had blown a line. Got the bike back home and there was nothing wrong with it at all. Cleaned the mud off and they work great again. wtf. Went riding last weekend and lost my rear brakes, cleaned them up when I got home and now they work again. I'm thinking I need some help!!!!!
tHE STOCK PADS ARE ORGANIC LIKE MELWAY SAID CHANGE THEM TO METALLICS THERE WERE 7 kTM AT LAST RACE AND WE ALL LOST OUR BRAKES BEFORE THE END OF 1ST LAP THEY ARE IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET FROM WHATEVER DEALER YOU DEAL WITH OR GIVE MUNN RACING A CALL 254-848-2165 ASK FOR CHIP. THAT SHOULD FIX YOUR BRAKE PROBLEM!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also the calipers are designed to never let you get to a point of metal on metal

The piston only travels so far and stops

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Any updates on the best place to get the sintered brake pads?
I have to have them shipped to Australia.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
dennis kirk has ebc pads for our ktms 30.00 a set

1 - 12 of 12 Posts