KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, My brother bought the new 450 ktm and we're at five hours of break in time on it. We've done all the maintaince at 3 hours and we're still at the 75% throttle. The only thing is, now his ktm has a small bog when you jab the throttle. EXACTLY like my honda 450r did when I first got it. I was told that when you quickly jab the throttle on a honda it creates an instant lean situation that causes the bog, but then it catches up quickly. The fix for this is either a $85 dollar Boyesen Quick Shot pump cover or switch the leak jet to a 35 or 55. Buth this is on a honda. I was wondering if any of you all had some simular experiences, and if you did how did you fix it?

By the way we have no mods on the ktm....yet...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
try a bigger pilot jet, most of us on here changed ours out right away.

·
Registered
430 Posts
try a bigger pilot jet, most of us on here changed ours out right away.
I went the expensive route and bought the boysen power bowl. 100% fixed

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
get the R&D adjustable pump jet setup and reset the accel pmp squirt, problem cured.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so most everyone has swapped out the jets right away huh? What sizes did yall go to?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
The main problem on a standard bike is the primary.
Put a 48 in and see how it goes from there.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Paul: only a 450 not a 525 ....

45 idle (stk is 42) / one clip richer on the stk needle / stockmain.

Remove the black insert from the airbox, remove the end cap from the stk muffler assembly.

If you still have bog issues then you will need to add one of the adjustable accelerator pump covers - stock has a big long squirt which drowns the engine. Avoid the Boyseen, it INCREASES the accel squirt, this is not what you need

The new R&D adj leak jet is a nice unit and the price is reasonable - $90 on thumper talk..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts