KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a problem with the main bushing worn out? When I replace it the stem still has alot of play, so I'm assuming the stem is worn under the bushing. Guess thats why the 09's have a different style bushing. Just curious how many others have this problem.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Anybody have a problem with the main bushing worn out? When I replace it the stem still has alot of play, so I'm assuming the stem is worn under the bushing. Guess thats why the 09's have a different style bushing. Just curious how many others have this problem.
Same thing happened to mine. I replaced the whole thing with 09 parts.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I 'm going to have to do. Sucks, KTM should fix it, they know it was a problem, thats why the 09's have a different style bushing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thats what I 'm going to have to do. Sucks, KTM should fix it, they know it was a problem, thats why the 09's have a different style bushing.
I agree

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you have to change the whole stem also, or did you just switch to the newr style bushing?

·
Registered
114 Posts
it will tighten back up if you change the o-rings. thats what we did until 09 stuff showed up. we also added a grease zerk. worked good until we changed them out.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I got a new one because mine was pretty wore.

·
Registered
430 Posts
What parts are you ordering for the 08s? Mine is getting some play in it so might as well update to the 09 parts.

Stem, top bearings, bearing holder, & i believe thats it.everything else should fit from the 08

What parts are you ordering for the 08s? Mine is getting some play in it so might as well update to the 09 parts.

Stem, top bearings, bearing holder, & i believe thats it.everything else should fit from the 08

·
Registered
64 Posts
yea, happened to me too and just replacing that bushing didn't fully fix it either.......sucks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts