Registered
500 Posts
I'll second that!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the Öhlins or the GPR not good ?

The GPR is here with us in Germany the cheapest one. He was recommended me by a Racing team. To me he is just importantly High / lowspeed damping has.
In Germany cost dinger one are capable

thx
xcsxc

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
they are all good products.

Personally I dont think these rotaries are worth the $$$$ over a simple inline damper to be honest. $120 vs $500 I'd soone spend the saved dollars on teh suspension, that is a far better investment........ just my 2cents worth....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there I give you surely cannot simply decide me just which it should be one for 120 I want to have not exactly am contented, usually actually, with all, thinks for mine use it reaches damper suspension is also substantially more expensive. there are many posts from steerings , however I cannot decide, nevertheless

thx kiwi

the money is not the problem

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I have the precission.
Easy to install, great and easy adjustment, and you don't know it is there while you are riding.
6 months on it with no problems.
Put it on a mates bike that has the Elka. He was so impressed he has ordered a precission as well.
The GPR has a very good reputation with the two wheel guys, but I can't comment as I have not tried one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would go with the precision as well. They mount up better then the elka or the gpr or scotts stabilizer.(wouldnt want 3 screws holding on to the thin metal plate for the steering stabilizer) Plus the elka scotts and gpr are made for the bike just have a mount so it can adapt to an atv. Where Precision is made for the atvs only. Also the stick types are not rebuildable. I have 2 one on the 525 and one on the Kfx400 and if and when i get more atvs i will buy more Precision. One more thing. As far as someone from a race team recomending something. If they are sponserd by a brand thats the brand they are going to say is the best.

Best of luck on your choice

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
At moment is the Öhlins my favorit
because he more or less same settings has like the Elka and the Precision.
I think sometimes one feels with the High Damper him did not make a distinction together so badly. I get most discount if I a Öhlins takes, then he is as expensive as the Precision and is cheaper like the Elkas
In Germany we to the Precision for 530€ Elka 3 for 550€, Elka 5 for 600€ and the Öhlins for 590€ sells and the Öhlins I could agree for 515€.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
I have the precission.
Easy to install, great and easy adjustment, and you don't know it is there while you are riding.
6 months on it with no problems.
Put it on a mates bike that has the Elka. He was so impressed he has ordered a precission as well.
The GPR has a very good reputation with the two wheel guys, but I can't comment as I have not tried one.
bugger aye, just as well i got my Elka 5 for 1/2 price then !!

adjustment wise what makes the precision better than say the elka 5 (which has every damn adjustment possible !)

stick dampers: black steel units = HKS cartridge, whilst are not rebuildable I haven't had a comeback in 3 years supplying them. Alloy units "denton" = Showa unit, they are rebuildable. I've had 4 seasons on my denton and it's still good.

kinda like a better mouse trap, or is it............... FCR vs Fuel injection injection is a lot of bucks to try and do what the FCR does well ..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts