KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some stuff we did for Alias' 525...this whacko pulled the side case off...I didn't think I could do it BUT...it turned out twiztid...

Clutch cover for that...

Other parts...

·
Registered
107 Posts
wow and ......
I'm tearing up. Looks pretty sweet, but way out of budget for me. My wife would hand me a backpack if I got those. Kudos to those that can get-em.
-Voodoo

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is that actually carbon fiber ? does'nt really look so
No it's a hydrographic made to look like carbon...or in this case kevlar...if you can't get the real deal then it's the next best thing...

Couple of nice things about it...the clear dries harder than powder coating...the parts will fit and finish perfect because you are using factory parts and not a after market manufacturer who is trying to make real carbon parts work..the clear will never dull like the resin on carbon fiber because of UV breakdown...

And more...but the bottom line?...I looks PIMP!...

·
Registered
4 Posts
hmm very interesting. so is this more of a paint type product, you said you dip them?
what are the costs to consumers for doing these mods?

very convincing to the eye indeed. good job.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm very interesting. so is this more of a paint type product, you said you dip them?
what are the costs to consumers for doing these mods?

very convincing to the eye indeed. good job.
Pricing depends on the part size & difficulty...about 50 cents per square inch is the cost to the consumer...bigger parts are on a "as per" basis...just to give you an idea?...all that KTM stuff was around $350 including paypal and shipping...pretty fair for the product...

And yes the process is mostly like painting a part...you prep, prime & base coat pretty much the same but no short cuts like adhesion promoters because any solvent based chemicals will react violently to the release agent in the process...

After painting we use a psecial stainless heated tank to dip the parts in the ink print...and then we shoot a very tough high gloss automotive clear over the product...viola...Junkie Fiber...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts