KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will hit the dyno the week after its done. Since I don't have a baseline dyno when my quad was stock all I can compare it too is my 540 runs...

Possibly any volunteers in town that will let me dyno a stock 525 for a baseline?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I will hit the dyno the week after its done. Since I don't have a baseline dyno when my quad was stock all I can compare it too is my 540 runs...

Possibly any volunteers in town that will let me dyno a stock 525 for a baseline?
IF i was in your town, i'd let you borrow one fer a little bit.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Hi bronson, any update on the snort report !

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man i have been so busy since i got back from the dunes with ltz470 i havent had a chance to do anything...

i want to dyno it as it sits and then also with a 12.5:1 piston. hopefully october will be better.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Did you ever dyno that thing?
We have our 628 kit just about done.
It consists of a billett cylinder, a billett custom rod, custom piston and reworking the stock crank webs.
We also have a custom cam we are working on getting completed as well.
Our 556 made 64 and 42 but it broke the crank shortly after.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
broke the crank...... where / how !!!
gads.....

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
It broke right below the wristpin.
It was UGLY!
Came through the cases onthe back side and hit the starter so hard it tore the starter off the case and sent it through the carb destroying the carb too! It broke the cylinder in half vertically front and back :( $$$$$$
Those KTM cases are not cheap!
I was warned about the weakness of the stock rod and we defiently found it . Its at about 85 hp and 8500 RPM...lol
Play with fire you get burned...
Its going to be a monster though I have a feeling. We beefd it all up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i would like to hear that thing run! Should try and video the dyno to hear it tear through the gears.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts