KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Shorai battery - second one died on me……..

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  socialhazard 
#1 ·
second one died in the weekend, grand total of less than 10 hrs and 3 rides…….. dropped all its power…..

two dead shorai's now = POS imo…… :mad: back to a reliable gel cell me thinks……...

#2 ·
I have a turntech has worked pretty well and lasted awhile. But I hear it may be shot now. They don't like being jump started. Even says in the brochure

#3 ·
find the same thing got 3 junk

#5 ·
i use the turntech. been using for 6 months now, in extreme cold and it starts my bike easily, only when the bike is real hot it rolls slow. i should have got the bigger one.

#6 ·
I have run Ballistic for two race seasons now. I have had good luck with them with no failures.

#8 ·
i have an anti gravity and love it, i expected it to die on me last week (i was having a hard time getting it started, stupid choke) still works like new i have had it a few months.

#9 ·
Not much time on my Anti-gravity either, but so far so good!

#10 ·
went to a motobat gelcell YTZ7S. there HDPE casing is way more durable as well.

They crank way harder than stock and even better than the shorai ! Shorai would hold on for a long time but wasnt as fast at cranking as i expected from the CCA rating.....

as for the weight difference, LOL visit the can before racing !

#11 ·
I run a Ballistic EVO2 and its small,light and cranks 2x as hard as stock. No problems with it after 9 months.

#13 ·
I was looking at getting an anti-gravity. Should I be getting their charger/maintainer as well? Or is the regular old 1.25 trickle charger I've been using in the past be ok for the lithium battery?

#15 ·
you need to use the one they sell with the anti-gravity battery otherwise it will burn it up.

#14 ·
Im still on my OEM battery from 2009!! Keep it on the tender and its as good as it gets!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.