KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Shock Doctor - Motorcycle helmet emergency removal kit

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bferg911 
#1 ·
Team,

This thing seem to be a great (I call it invention) to me. Parentally, you cant feel it while riding and it does make a great deal of difference in case of emergency. Is anyone using it and would like to shear their thoughts ? I'm thinking on buying a set it cost $70 US.

SHOCK DOCTOR WEBSITE

That's the kit:

And mounted in the helmet:

And video how it works:

The link if you cant see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JBohCB_PtQ...feature=related

The Eject helmet removal device is a small bladder (pictured) that sits inside your helmet. Following a crash the bladder is easily inflated by trained EMT/first responders by using a squeeze bulb or CO2 cartridge, lifting the helmet from your head reducing the risk of further aggravating any potential neck injury. *EMT/first responders must be trained on proper use of the Eject System.

See less See more
#2 ·
That is the first I have seen or heard of that. Very interesting. Might look further into that.

"EMT/first responders must be trained on proper use of the Eject System" That is the big thing. We run enduros and the Desert Challenge here and the EMT's are just normal Joe's. They dont' know how to properly remove the equipment as they have never been around motorsports.

Thanks for sharing!

Chris

#4 ·
"KTM Team Recommends Eject Helmet Removal System"

Quad Magazine article

I wear the arai vx pro helmet anyway. You can remove the cheek pads with the helmet on for safe removal of the helmet in the cas of a spinal injury. It's got two little orange labels on the underside of the pads so that the emt crew can see how it works. Eject seems like a good thing too though. Just thought I would share what I use.

#6 ·
Bit more info about Arai vx can be found here - that's an awesome system, I actually never knew they got up to developing/fitting such a system in stock helmets. On the other hand, Arai cost over $300 right ? Thanks for sharing the info, if I was going to change my helmet I would consider Arai for sure.

#7 ·
Bit more info about Arai vx can be found here - that's an awesome system, I actually never knew they got up to developing/fitting such a system in stock helmets. On the other hand, Arai cost over 0 right ? Thanks for sharing the info, if I was going to change my helmet I would consider Arai for sure.

Yeah I didn't pay full pop for it. Got it at dealer cost through a buddy of mine for 450. I think it retails for 605.00 Awesome ventilation and weight. I love it and after owning one, I would pay full price for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.