KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a place to get a rotor guard? GT Thunder has the sprocket guard only. I want to go with this setup but no use if I can't find the rotor guard.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
just cut your skid plate in half it will be the same ground clearance as a aftermarket rotor guard, gt thunder is using plastic ones on their quads.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JB Racing is the one making them. Got mine today and I also got my GT Thunder Dual Sprocket Guard today also. I'll post installed pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are pics of the sprocket and rotor guard installed. Excuse the dirt haven't had time to clean it after the ride this weekend!

·
Registered
140 Posts
looks pretty good! is the rotor guard really that close to the rotor or is it just the way the picture looks?

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
looks pretty good! is the rotor guard really that close to the rotor or is it just the way the picture looks?
it is probably just a visual illusion from that angle. but i did have one just like that from lsr on my ltr and it just took one impact at red river to bend it into the rotor... luckily i caught it or it could have been a costily mess!

good for mx but from experience xc riding can be tough on them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually it is...I'm putting some washers underneath it to bring it down some more. The thing is braced very well so I dont think it will be moving much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts