KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken a file and open the holes up in the rims so they go on easier? Thanks

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
yup........

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I did the same thing as well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I thought it was only me who had this problem. My stock DWT wheels are no problem but I fought with my Hipers to get them to fit. Ended up taking a rat-tail (circular) file to shave off some of the aluminum to get it on. I'm going to file some more when I pull them off so it is easier next time. It's a real pain.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Man those hipers are a TIGHT fit too! I was a thte track once and sold a guy a set of my old Hipers. Well he used the tapered side of his Honda lug nut and torqued them to 100ft lbs(automobile specs)! Sadest part is that he installed on of the rear wheels inside out! Let me tell you what a BE-ACHE that was to fix for him at the track! :rofl:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I thought it was only me who had this problem. My stock DWT wheels are no problem but I fought with my Hipers to get them to fit. Ended up taking a rat-tail (circular) file to shave off some of the aluminum to get it on. I'm going to file some more when I pull them off so it is easier next time. It's a real pain.
I had to do the same exact thing with my hipers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
it's funny that I read this tonight since I just reamed my hipers w/ a larger size drill bit earlier tonight. gonna do my stock wheels too since I use them for spares at races.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I had to go one size over on my hipers for the rear and had to oblong the holes in the front ITP rims. How hard could it be to get this right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had similar problems on the stockers, found out the hard way during the somerset gncc!! Came in for a tire change and couldn't get the dang wheel off without kickin the crap outa it!!!!!Needless to say i drilled them out 1/64" bigger and BAM no prob. Just installed hipers yesterday and had to do the same thing...go figure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts