KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have about 5 parties headed out to Kermit this weekend and it looks as if the weather is perfect...

Come on out we'll have 3-4 RZR's, Several Quads, 1 Rhino and a lot of fun riding...

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Shockingly enough, I am actually heading out on Thursday morning!!! Changed the oil tonight; everything is ready to go... I am going to bring the toy hauler home tomorrow!

I may be bringing a friend with a yfz...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have about 5 parties headed out to Kermit this weekend and it looks as if the weather is perfect...

Come on out we'll have 3-4 RZR's, Several Quads, 1 Rhino and a lot of fun riding...
Cool beans Bronson we need a YFZ to beat on...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he's a little guy, maybe 150 soaking wet... so whatever he rides he will be fast. it is his first time to the dunes!
He will have a blast for sure...love to see the smile on peoples face when they hit the sand for the first time...maybe us old fat boys can keep up...

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
He will have a blast for sure...love to see the smile on peoples face when they hit the sand for the first time...maybe us old fat boys can keep up...
it doesnt matter what i ride i cant keep up with him... he would let me leave on him with my yfz523 and he would blow by me with his cam mod, jetting/intake & full exhaust yfz... i dont quite understand it, but once you see it you will understand.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it doesnt matter what i ride i cant keep up with him... he would let me leave on him with my yfz523 and he would blow by me with his cam mod, jetting/intake & full exhaust yfz... i dont quite understand it, but once you see it you will understand.
My kinda guy Bronson...can't wait to meet him and we all get in some riding...

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Just got back this evening, the sand was awesome and riding was outstanding!!! My 600 ran absolutely great, nothing could touch Cole (LTZ470) on it. A week or so back I put about 6 hours into tuning it, I needed to smooth out a rough spot in throttle down low. Man did it pay off as he he was spanking everything on the drag strip including a heavily modded 450 bike with a rear paddle! He should be home tonight and will chime in.

Cole got his 570 (72x99) together and broken in this weekend as well. It ran very well. I am going to start cutting the video's tomorrow.

Below is a video of Cole (over) jumping his RZR... Both he and the passenger walked away unharmed and laughing uncontrollably!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't even do the 600 justice I was having to let off of it...it would stand up in 5th gear at WOT with the Skat Trak Edges on, best Quad I have ever ridden...all around powerful...usable power...if you want an ultimate machine it is the way to go the 570 build was marginal down low and flattened out on top but would still outrun everything they had out there including a heavily modded Raptor, but once the 570 got in 5th it was flat out no more to give where the 600 would just keep on pulling it was awesome way better than the first time i rode it....

Bronson's 600 I could sit on the starting line and wait on the the other Quads to take off 3-4 lengths then catch them and pass them in a 150ft of a 300ft strip that is how fast it is...taking off in second gear...

I don't know if it will be possible to launch with Haulers on it without an extended swinger...

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Bronson's 600 I could sit on the starting line and wait on the the other Quads to take off 3-4 lengths then catch them and pass them in a 150ft of a 300ft strip that is how fast it is...taking off in second gear...
I would love to see some footage of you ripping on it :)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love to see some footage of you ripping on it :)
Bronson's has all of the clips I shot Helmet Cam...Sanyo Xacti Camcorder off the RZR and also took pictures with a Olympus Tough 6000...I missed some Helmet Cam footage due to forgetting to turn on the Helmet Cam...Duh!!!...I was having so much fun I forgot...it was a blast...we are beat up bruised up, but still walking...I don;t know who ate the most sand, but I know I am in contention for top spot... :D :lol: :lol: ...Got some great footage though it should turn out well...only problem is me turning my head too fast side to side keeping tabs on everyone so we didn't bump or hit each other...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts