KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Review: Zbroz Racing KTM dash plate

8K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  polarisrider150 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: GOT IT TO WORK! Review: Zbroz Racing KTM dash plate

Well I had found the ZBROZ Racing KTM dash plate and was looking for something besides the factory ktm under fender relocation bracket, or simply drilling into my fenders to relocate because I am using a precision clamp and flexx bars. It looked similar to a Rox setup so I went ahead and bought one. It arrived in a couple days, its coated black and seems to be of decent quality. The light cutouts have appropriate indentation cut for the alignment tabs, as does the key. (lights do fit a little loosely but not horrible) Fitment onto the stem is where I ran into complaints a plenty.

There were no instructions which is no big deal it should be a simple couple bolts and that's it. I would have like to have seen how they intended it to be mounted though. I tried all 4 possible locations. I initially wanted the setup behind the stem closer to my gas tank where things would be easily seen. The stem angle doesn't allow that to happen because if mounted on the bottom side rear it hits tank, if mounted on the top rear the key still wont clear the tank (lower half of switch where wires come in). So I moved on to mounting on the front. I tried the upper position where the key and lights would be readily visible. This doesn't work because the key switch body hits the stem where the bridge clamps on and wont allow it to be mounted. So I tried the last viable option the lower front. Everything does fit in this configuration however it leaves the key switch exposed to oncoming mud and debris which is not my objective. It also is such a tight fit that I cannot even run the key cover to help keep mud and water away. So I am now debating on seeing if anyone else wants this dash, calling ZBROZ, or simply tossing it on the parts shelf. Not the part I had hoped for. I had emailed ZBroz asking for pictures before purchase because its not shown on their site but of course after a week got no response so I figured screw it for $25 shipped why not. such is the outcome. heres a couple pics to show the final fitment.

ARS-FX KTM 450 SX ATV Dash Plate for Stock Steeing Stem

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Motorcycle
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the write-up...I too emailed Zbros with no response. I am debating trying this one or the Walsh dash. The Walsh one is made with 100mm spread to work with aftermarket antivibe bars/mount. However, I have a feeling it too would leave the key exposed. I still think this is a better location than the KTM relocator which is under the front fender and gets coated with mud and water.

#4 ·
ive thought about doing the same just hate drilling into fenders if i can avoid it somewhere else. I may see if i can find a location somewhere and utilize the zbroz as a template to create my own. just not sure where else i could go. everywhere gets hit by mud so i don't know that there is a best place particularly. ive already got an hour meter shoved in on the frame rail so thats one less area.

#5 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive tire
Red Eyewear Font Jewellery Nail

fourwerks used to do a nice unit, bolted to the top rear of the bar clamps, needed a washer to lift the plate clear of the inset for the bolt head, sweet as.

#6 ·
fourwerks used to do a nice unit, bolted to the top rear of the bar clamps, needed a washer to lift the plate clear of the inset for the bolt head, sweet as.
I have sent an email to Jason at FW to see if they can make some more of these.

#8 ·
I did what Bmerri did, except my key switch is on the left side. As for the indicators....... I drilled spots in my Quadtech hood for them. Little advise, use DI-ELECTRIC grease on those indicator light sockets ;)

#11 ·
might just have to give that a look kmack. im also thinking maybe i can re-mount my zbroz dash like the fourwerx one and get it to fit that way...

#12 ·
updated: i drilled another set of holes in the ZBROZ dash and shimmed it up to make it work (with stock bar clamp). still not perfect but about equivalent to the unit kiwi posted from FW. Maybe later i will try it on my precision clamps on the other quad but i don't think i will be able to make it work using the same setup. will take some more thinking. i even started to fab up a unit like rox but couldnt get a fitment i was satisfied with using my limited metal fab tools. Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Bumper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.