KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys doing to eliminate the rev limiter, today was the first actual day i got to take mine out and ride it and i was wondering what I could do to take care of the rev limiter problem and help would be great!

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
650 Posts
What are you guys doing to eliminate the rev limiter, today was the first actual day i got to take mine out and ride it and i was wondering what I could do to take care of the rev limiter problem and help would be great!

Thanks, Matt

why do you want to remove the rev limiter?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha thanks for the laugh today bro, that was a good one (Not knowing how to shift). We got it all figured out now!

·
Registered
34 Posts
why would you want to get rid of the rev limiter i thought it was set pretty high. what exactly did you do?? and did you elimenate it or just bumb it up

·
Registered
650 Posts
why would you want to get rid of the rev limiter i thought it was set pretty high. what exactly did you do?? and did you elimenate it or just bumb it up

the rev limiter is at like ~10k rpm on xc

·
Registered
253 Posts
i still havent hit the rev limiter on my XC yet. I dont think i would want to rev it that high anyway.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The Rev limiter is factory set at 9800 rpm, the motor starts falling on its face at 8500 rpm, high rpm and this motor don't get along to well, (RFS motor) these motors have a heavy crank from the factory, if you want to wind it up, better have funds set aside for a lightened crank with roller bearings, bike guys say 9000 is max rpm for this motor...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Heck, I was beginning to believe this thing didn't have a rev limiter. I've never hit it. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts