KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the rekluse pro clutch on my quad. And was wondering what setting everyone is using for xc style racing.

Im a pretty aggressive rider so im thinking that i want it to hit pretty hard when i hit the throttle and not slip as much. Am i going in the right direction with this or no??

I'd like to hear your prefrences. Thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
I just put the rekluse pro clutch on my quad. And was wondering what setting everyone is using for xc style racing.

Im a pretty aggressive rider so im thinking that i want it to hit pretty hard when i hit the throttle and not slip as much. Am i going in the right direction with this or no??

I'd like to hear your prefrences. Thanks
Ours is in the mail and we are going to set it up at medium engagement soft hit and go from there. My wife is small and she does not need that thing to hit hard and yank the front tires up on her.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
i cant stand them, they take getting used to i guess but i hate them

·
Registered
579 Posts
what about the kit ktm sells.....or is that the one ur talking about....
KTM sells a slipper clutch, it allows the rear tires to rotate faster than the engine so that the tires do not chatter when slowing down. That is completely different that the Rekluse Pro start. bh84 why do you not like them? the pro start still allows full clutch disengagement at any RPM unlike the original Z-start.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run the medium engagement rpm spring and and the soft engagement rate.

Do you run xc style racing? Is there a lot of slip when you hammer back on the throttle?

I want the thing to get up and go when i hit the throttle and not slip so much....I think, haha, i could be wrong.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you run xc style racing? Is there a lot of slip when you hammer back on the throttle?

I want the thing to get up and go when i hit the throttle and not slip so much....I think, haha, i could be wrong.

I have mine on the medium and I race XC - plenty of hammer down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The spring does what rpm it engauges at and I think medium is perfect. It catches at about 2200 rpm and my idle is at about 1900 rpm. For how hard it hits you change the configuration of the steel balls. I have it set up for soft and with 15/38 gearing I can have the bike in second gear and stab the throttle from an idle and it will stand right up. I do xc racing also, I just tried 13/38 and it worked great, you can run a gear or two higher and get a lot better traction through real sloppy stuff. If you have to do dead engine starts make sure you start in first gear or you will stall. And the bike starts a lot faster with a 45 pilot. You won't feel it slip unless your oil is cold or if hold the front brake and hit the gas until it starts to engauge. hope this helps

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The spring does what rpm it engauges at and I think medium is perfect. It catches at about 2200 rpm and my idle is at about 1900 rpm. For how hard it hits you change the configuration of the steel balls. I have it set up for soft and with 15/38 gearing I can have the bike in second gear and stab the throttle from an idle and it will stand right up. I do xc racing also, I just tried 13/38 and it worked great, you can run a gear or two higher and get a lot better traction through real sloppy stuff. If you have to do dead engine starts make sure you start in first gear or you will stall. And the bike starts a lot faster with a 45 pilot. You won't feel it slip unless your oil is cold or if hold the front brake and hit the gas until it starts to engauge. hope this helps
Thanks, I give it a try when i get it out and running.

So you dropped 2 teeth in the front?....I thought the stock gearing was pretty darn good. I could pull a good portion of third on a pretty tight trail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts