KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock Ohlins rear shock is due for a re-build. Any recommendations on a good shop? I emailed Rocket Ron Racing to see if they are still in the KTM shock business but have not heard back from them yet. I also reached out to Ohlins USA and same deal, waiting to hear back from them.

I run Wayne’s PEP ZPS setup on my Raptor and love it but not sure that I will reach out to him on this re-build. It seems Ohlins isn’t in the ATV shock business anymore (at least what I can tell) and I’m not to sure about who has the capability of getting parts and doing the re-build.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you tried the KTM shop? Not particularly familiar with all other shops but I heard KTM shop is good. I'm sure there'd be more suggestions though. Wait for those who have first-hand experienced recommendations. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Might give Hygear suspension a shout. I haven't personally had them do any work for me, but I know they sell Ohlins parts. Whatever shop you use ask if they use a vacuum bleeder setup. It's tougher to get the air all bled out of the rears with the double piston design.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Might give Hygear suspension a shout. I haven't personally had them do any work for me, but I know they sell Ohlins parts. Whatever shop you use ask if they use a vacuum bleeder setup. It's tougher to get the air all bled out of the rears with the double piston design.
Rocket Ron racing
Derisi racing
Element 44

·
Registered
315 Posts
You should rebuild them yourself. I just rebuilt the front shocks on my 525--it's not that hard. I got the parts from Ohlins--new seal heads, bumpers, oil, etc.--and spent 100 bucks. The shop manual shows you how to do it. You just need a local shop to charge the nitrogen.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should rebuild them yourself. I just rebuilt the front shocks on my 525--it's not that hard. I got the parts from Ohlins--new seal heads, bumpers, oil, etc.--and spent 100 bucks. The shop manual shows you how to do it. You just need a local shop to charge the nitrogen.
I was thinking about that. I have a friend that can help me with it. I just don’t have the time right now and I think I’m going to Rocket Ron do it so that he can rebuild it specific to my sons weight range and set it up for the duning.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, Ron got my shock and said hopefully about a 3-4 week turn around to have her back. I can’t wait to to see her. He is going to do the dual spring setup and I am anxious to see how it performs in the dunes. I’ve never ran a dual spring setup in the back so I’m very interested to see how the shock responds in the sand and the whoops on the hills and G-outs. Not so much for jumping cause my boy isn’t launching yet.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, super fast turn around. Can’t wait to get her mounted and see how she works.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice. Looks like you got it re-sprung. I'm getting ready to rebuild my rear shock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can't go wrong with Rocket Ron he has done all the shocks on my 3 KTMs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts