KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Recommendations for Rear shock Re-build

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  JRSTI 
#1 ·
My stock Ohlins rear shock is due for a re-build. Any recommendations on a good shop? I emailed Rocket Ron Racing to see if they are still in the KTM shock business but have not heard back from them yet. I also reached out to Ohlins USA and same deal, waiting to hear back from them.

I run Wayne’s PEP ZPS setup on my Raptor and love it but not sure that I will reach out to him on this re-build. It seems Ohlins isn’t in the ATV shock business anymore (at least what I can tell) and I’m not to sure about who has the capability of getting parts and doing the re-build.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

#5 ·
Might give Hygear suspension a shout. I haven't personally had them do any work for me, but I know they sell Ohlins parts. Whatever shop you use ask if they use a vacuum bleeder setup. It's tougher to get the air all bled out of the rears with the double piston design.

#8 ·
You should rebuild them yourself. I just rebuilt the front shocks on my 525--it's not that hard. I got the parts from Ohlins--new seal heads, bumpers, oil, etc.--and spent 100 bucks. The shop manual shows you how to do it. You just need a local shop to charge the nitrogen.

#13 ·
Well, Ron got my shock and said hopefully about a 3-4 week turn around to have her back. I can’t wait to to see her. He is going to do the dual spring setup and I am anxious to see how it performs in the dunes. I’ve never ran a dual spring setup in the back so I’m very interested to see how the shock responds in the sand and the whoops on the hills and G-outs. Not so much for jumping cause my boy isn’t launching yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.