KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

recluse clutch opinions

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Everts5299 
#1 ·
I wanted to know if anyone has tried a recluse clutch and what there opinion on it was. Will it outlast a standard clutch? Is it hard to install? Is thete even a need for a clutch lever?
any additional info is allways welcome. This is my first post and it is for my 525xc.

#3 ·
they do work well many guys run them. just dont try with big bore or higher hp setups. do a search on rekluse clutch on the forum you will find tons of info. Welcome to the forum!

#5 ·
they have a hard time holding up to the torque and getting full lock. also easier to overheat the plates. do a search on rekluse problems or clutch problems

#6 ·
I like mine. I haven't had any problems with slipping but I have a mostly stock 450xc. The only problem I have run into with mine is if I am doing a steep hill climb and for some reason I don't make it. The bike goes straight into free wheel mode. It can be a little unnerving rolling back down the hill.

#10 ·
Love mine on my 505. Built engine and have no problems. Wasn't always the case, had major issues with slippage to start with. After speaking to Rekluse I now use 12 tungsten carbide balls (twice the normal hard engage setup) for added clamp force. Since then a have nearly 100 race hours on it with the same set of plates.

#11 ·
Stover: EFM website doesn't list many available models yet? Is there more available than shown? No quad applications is shocking when xc racing quads are probably the #1 or #2 market opportunity out there.

Sticko: good info, i can't personally attest to high hp builds but i wonder how many people did or didnt try similar setups to work with higher hp motors?

#13 ·
I have had rekluses in all my Quads since 06 including 180 hrs in my 613 and no problems but I have not touched them for a couple years and can't recall how many tungsten balls I used although it was more then what you would use in a bike. I retain the clutch lever so that I can shift in a hurry in situations like drag racing or down shifting when climbing under power. I got around the freewheeling syndrum by installing a line lock on the back brake with a switch on the handlebars. I ingage the line lock whenever I start climbing a potential problem hill and all I have to do is tap the brake to lock up the back wheels if I have a problem.

#15 ·
Now problems with my 570. Love it for hill climbing. I run all the tungsten balls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.