KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate that bolt with a passion...it's such a pain in the ass to take on and off

anyone have an easy way to do it? i cant fit a wratchet in b/t the silencer and the bolt so i use a wrench but it takes forever..i hate taking it out and puting it in when i have to remove my rear plastic

·
Registered
118 Posts
i hate that bolt with a passion...it's such a pain in the ass to take on and off

anyone have an easy way to do it? i cant fit a wratchet in b/t the silencer and the bolt so i use a wrench but it takes forever..i hate taking it out and puting it in when i have to remove my rear plastic

I take the mount off of the subframe. I don't run heel guards so I just take the one bolt out and be done with it. But even if you have to take both off it would be a lot faster doing that anyway!

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i've seen those, there super slick

i just dont wanna spend a few hundred bucks on tools right now..

i need a new bumper first first, and i had to order a new battery today

i've taken my plastic off so many times lately cuz of my frickin battery...i've been jumping it to start it but the thing wont hold a charge

·
Registered
430 Posts

i've taken my plastic off so many times lately cuz of my frickin battery...i've been jumping it to start it but the thing wont hold a charge
I just went to sears and bought a 8mm ratchiting wrench. Seems to work well, still takes some time but its the best way i've found. And cheaper than buying a whole set

·
Registered
68 Posts

to recharge and give it a start with the car batery i found something. I took 2 wires and i hung em on the batery 1 on the + and 1 on the - .
I took a strip and got the wires stuck to the frame under my hood so everytime i need to recharge the battery i take the wires from under the hood and plug in the charger. I will get you some foto's on that its kinda hard to explain dont know al the exact words and names for the tools i used so will get u some pics on that ;)
u might be able to use the same fix

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the last two times i've just jumped it with my truck battery

my battery came in today so i'll prolly just got pick it up tomorrow and get it charged

thanks for the recommendation though

i might buy a 8mm ratchet wrench like stryker did

thanks guys, later

·
Registered
64 Posts
if i'm thinking of the same bolt, i just remove my canister first to get to it better. i know it probably sounds like more work to do that...o well, works for me. :huh:

·
Registered
19 Posts
to recharge and give it a start with the car batery i found something. I took 2 wires and i hung em on the batery 1 on the + and 1 on the - .
I took a strip and got the wires stuck to the frame under my hood so everytime i need to recharge the battery i take the wires from under the hood and plug in the charger. I will get you some foto's on that its kinda hard to explain dont know al the exact words and names for the tools i used so will get u some pics on that ;)
u might be able to use the same fix

mine came with a lead already bolted to the terminals for a charger/tender...ziptied and tucked under the left side of the rear plastics.. its an 08 I just picked it up 2 weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if i'm thinking of the same bolt, i just remove my canister first to get to it better. i know it probably sounds like more work to do that...o well, works for me. :huh:
dang u pull the exhaust off?? wow that does sound like more work

anyways

i took strykers advice and bought a 8mm ratchet wrench..works like a charm! best 11 bucks i've spent in awhile lol

i got my new battery on today and my wheelers running a lot better..i'm glad i dont have to jump start it anymore

·
Registered
430 Posts
dang u pull the exhaust off?? wow that does sound like more work

anyways

i took strykers advice and bought a 8mm ratchet wrench..works like a charm! best 11 bucks i've spent in awhile lol

i got my new battery on today and my wheelers running a lot better..i'm glad i dont have to jump start it anymore
Glad to see i could help :D

Im thinking about running those leads up under the hood.......good idea for when i have to jump/charge my battery

1 - 11 of 11 Posts