KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for ride this morning and notice a strange feel from rear end. came home and raised rear and the axle has play in it. left to right for and back. not sure where to go from here. what the problem is, how to fix, and what i will need to fix. any help would be great. thanks guys

·
Registered
430 Posts
Went for ride this morning and notice a strange feel from rear end. came home and raised rear and the axle has play in it. left to right for and back. not sure where to go from here. what the problem is, how to fix, and what i will need to fix. any help would be great. thanks guys

Your axle nut on the right side of the axle has probably worked its way loose. If you caught it quick, you may be ok, if not, you prob did some bearing and sprocket damage. all you have to do is tighten the nut back up and it should be good to go.

One thing i do too keep that from happeneing, and alot of pros do it too, is once its all tightend up, take some black electrical tape and tape around the nut and the axle a bunch of times to prevent the nut from turning.

·
Registered
430 Posts

Your axle nut on the right side of the axle has probably worked its way loose. If you caught it quick, you may be ok, if not, you prob did some bearing and sprocket damage. all you have to do is tighten the nut back up and it should be good to go.

One thing i do too keep that from happeneing, and alot of pros do it too, is once its all tightend up, take some black electrical tape and tape around the nut and the axle a bunch of times to prevent the nut from turning.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I wish it was that nut. It was tight. The whole axle slides left to right so I already priced new bearings at 40 bucks. Thought it was going to be worse. Well I guess I haven't done the repair yet. So....

·
Registered
430 Posts
I wish it was that nut. It was tight. The whole axle slides left to right so I already priced new bearings at 40 bucks. Thought it was going to be worse. Well I guess I haven't done the repair yet. So....
There is little clips on both sides that sandwich in, two on the nut side, and two on the sprocket side. you may have lost one or more of them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clips? I will get the manual out and look that up to see where they are. Can't say that I remember seeing them anywhere. As always thanks alot for the help.

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bearings replaced. Took couple hours as never done this before, but it was a great adventure. Needed a couple odd tools but all in all was no big deal. Thanks for the help stryker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts